Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

More AT CRAP ON EBAY!

"Everyday above ground is a good day"

Comments

• Options
    I just asked him what method was used to obtain the toning. I'm curious. Potatoe or propane?
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just asked him what method was used to obtain the toning. I'm curious. Potatoe or propane? >>

I'd be interested to hear. That doesn't even look like Taco Bell napkin toning.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know what is causing the lamination effect (the very thin lines).
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Send the coin doctor back to med school.

he needs more training.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    In his defense, he's not ruining anything of value. His coins are pretty--I think the buyers are purchasing for jewelry. But, what do I know.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd like to know what is causing the lamination effect (the very thin lines). >>

Some of them are so outrageous they look electroplated.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Just another shake-and-bake idiot.image
  • Options
    ricmanricman Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Cooking with PAM
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Hey. He's providing free enertainment for this forum.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cooking with PAM >>

I wouldn't be surprised if the Savannah Scammer branched out into shaking and baking, yes. image
  • Options
    He is a "respected board member" ATS.

• Options
    Someone ATS asked him why they were not listed as AT. Here is his response:

"No need to is why, a person whom buys any of the coins should be able to tell the dif. between AT or NT IMO if not they shouldn'y buy toned coins but that is just IMHO. As for these coins the buyers mostly buy them because they like the colors and because they like the coin and this is the way it should be don't buy if you don't like is a good way to collect I think but yet again that is IMHO. thanks again all for looking. Mel"

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭
    paraphrasing: "I don't disclose, because I think buyers should be able to tell the difference; and thus those that buy from me thinking they are getting MONSTER TONED coins that they 'won't see like this again' are getting screwed.

"Nevertheless, I needn't bother with educating the buyers of my PRIVATE AUCTIONS... of course 'that is just in my humble opinion.'"

There's the criminal mind at work, rationalizing his misdeeds.
  • Options
    another funny dumb thread lol must be bored lol coins look nice if you like that type of thing if not then you can just come here to run mouths and talk trash right ? lol
  • Options

<< <i>another funny dumb thread lol must be bored lol coins look nice if you like that type of thing if not then you can just come here to run mouths and talk trash right ? lol >>

go back ats, mel.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>another funny dumb thread lol must be bored lol coins look nice if you like that type of thing if not then you can just come here to run mouths and talk trash right ? lol >>

go back ats, mel. >>

not mel u moron just a person who see's numb ppl like you running mouth about nothing urfunny haha
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

And, other than attacking people, what was your purpose? If you are, indeed, this "Mel" character, then you do a disservice to the hobby and shouldn't be allowed on the message boards.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    attacking pppl thats funny just responding when someone runs mouth its fun if you have a problem then PM and I'll glady get back to u..
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355

<< <i>

<< <i>

go back ats, mel. >>

not mel u moron just a person who see's numb ppl like you running mouth about nothing urfunny haha >>

And a chicken sht to boot? Mel, you used ppl in that bst thread across the street, you gone and ID'd youself, bro image "not mel"
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    The only person I can see defending this clown, is said clown himself. welcome to the boards. Whats your method for destroying coins? Just curious.
  • Options
    Well, maybe. But it's also worthwhile to discuss artificial toning ripoffs, both to educate people and to wonder about the effect of scammers on the hobby.

I assume, funny, from your writing style (such as it is) and your defensiveness that you are the ebay member "mel" selling the items in question. You don't have much to add here except "leave me alone," and your laughter shows you out to be cynical and angry -- no doubt your feelings of entitlement to other collectors' money are really being rubbed raw here. Best of luck enjoying your nickel-and-dime profits and all the respect you earn from members of the coin community.

[above responds to 1:48 post]
  • Options
    my name is john u moron I think its funny that if someone sticks up for someone they are labeled as that person they are sticking up for.. just goes to show ur narrow mindset that thinks no one sticks up for other ppl its really funny. So if you don't like me sticking up for the seller on ebay then get over it.. hows that for chicken sh*t
  • Options
    John, you got the mel impression down pat. Spelling, punctuation (or lack thereof), mangled language. But thank you very much for showing up, and keep posting image

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭

<< <i>my name is john u moron I think its funny that if someone sticks up for someone they are labeled as that person they are sticking up for.. just goes to show ur narrow mindset that thinks no one sticks up for other ppl its really funny. So if you don't like me sticking up for the seller on ebay then get over it.. hows that for chicken sh*t >>

Trust me, it's a small world here and people have long memories. If you want to get something out of your experience here, you'll need to shape up. And fast.
  • Options

<< <i>John, you got the mel impression down pat. Spelling, punctuation (or lack thereof), mangled language. But thank you very much for showing up, and keep posting image >>

urfunny... been here for awhile and the reason I don't post alot is because of a**holes like you running your mouth about people behind their backs. So your welcome and you post some more show us how much of a moron you really are...
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonder whose alt he is?
  • Options
    John Mel, my moron credentials are quite well established, thank you. Now I'm bucking for a promotion to village idiot, but looks like I gotta go through you to get there image

• Options

<< <i>my name is john u moron I think its funny that if someone sticks up for someone they are labeled as that person they are sticking up for.. just goes to show ur narrow mindset that thinks no one sticks up for other ppl its really funny. So if you don't like me sticking up for the seller on ebay then get over it.. hows that for chicken sh*t >>

Ok, so you say you aren't Mel, but your name is really "John U. Moron"?

Well, Mr Moron, you seem to have nothing to add, and I doubt you ever have added anything useful. You should visit the Open Forum and you will have lots of fun there image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    that was original moron..
  • Options

<< <i>that was original moron.. >>

So, you are the original moron, so what?
    Please, bring something worthwhile to the discussions here or just leave.

• Options

<< <i>

Please, bring something worthwhile to the discussions here or just leave. >>

how about you shut your hole? I will say what I like when I like if you don't like then tuff sh*t.
  • Options
    "been here for awhile and the reason I don't post alot is because of a**holes like you running your mouth about people behind their backs"

actually they have no problems saying stuff to their faces, most of the comments are up front, out in the open and usually true.

Me thinks that thou protests too much.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

how about you shut your hole? I will say what I like when I like if you don't like then tuff sh*t. >>

Ooooo.....you are scary! Gonna threaten to get my address and come visit me with "Guido"? image
    Whatta punk!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

how about you shut your hole? I will say what I like when I like if you don't like then tuff sh*t. >>

Ooooo.....you are scary! Gonna threaten to get my address and come visit me with "Guido"? image
    Whatta punk! >>

thats very funny continue to run mouth sounds like you are good at.... funny guy huh lmao
  • Options
    Thanks, Mel image

• Options
    still numb enough to think I am someone else your a true moron lol
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the toned nickels are kinda cool. He or she takes some gorgeous pics.
    The images look as good as True View, IMO.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>I think the toned nickels are kinda cool. He or she takes some gorgeous pics.
    The images look as good as True View, IMO. >>

You're not wrong. It's sad to see talent get wasted like this.

Would it be so hard for Mel to say in his auctions, "these are artificially toned by me, Mel the artist, and this is number 7 in a series of 100"? "Get them now before Artificial Toning takes off as a legitimate art form and I become famous?" Would that really even dent the prices realized?
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Would it be so hard for Mel to say in his auctions, "these are artificially toned by me, Mel the artist, and this is number 7 in a series of 100"? "Get them now before Artificial Toning takes off as a legitimate art form and I become famous?" Would that really even dent the prices realized?>>

I agree, he should disclose the coins are AT'd.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Better coin collecting through chemistry image - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    compromonedascompromonedas Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Ok, so you say you aren't Mel, but your name is really "John U. Moron"?

Well, Mr Moron, you seem to have nothing to add, and I doubt you ever have added anything useful. You should visit the Open Forum and you will have lots of fun there image >>

• Options

<< <i><<Would it be so hard for Mel to say in his auctions, "these are artificially toned by me, Mel the artist, and this is number 7 in a series of 100"? "Get them now before Artificial Toning takes off as a legitimate art form and I become famous?" Would that really even dent the prices realized?>>

I agree, he should disclose the coins are AT'd. >>

Hell yeah! Get a few thousand slabs and make his own ARTificially Toned labels! Solicit submissions from other starving artists! Automatically reject NT coins and forward them to NGC for a star-quality slab!

If he doesn't, somebody should. Turn the AT market on its ear! Become the PCGS of the pretty-coin set! image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

Fresh from AOL Kiddie Chat.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Hmmm...

Seller "Mel" joined NGC boards in December '06.
    "John U Moron" aka "urfunny07 joined PCGS boards....December '06.

Post about AT coins that are "consigned" to seller "Mel" replied to with vehemence by "John U Moron" aka Urfunny07 and only one supportive.

Ummm...yeah, that has just GOT to be a coincidence.

• Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.....

I'm thinking the party is over and that Mr. Unfunny Mel/John has been silenced by the powers that be. I was just warming up the popcorn maker too...
  • Options

<< <i>Hmmm...

Post about AT coins that are "consigned" to seller "Mel" replied to with vehemence by "John U Moron" aka Urfunny07 and only one supportive.

Ummm...yeah, that has just GOT to be a coincidence. >>

BUSTED!

• Options

<< <i>Hmmm...

Ummm...yeah, that has just GOT to be a coincidence. >>

coincidence who cares you think I am "Mel" an your wrong again lol.

still no clue and retarded enough to think I am someone I am not. So have fun moron, I can go on with this all day but you retards look like you are having fun tryin to say I am the ebay seller that you are trying to make fun of lol I have sent a msg to the seller letting him or her know that you guys are running your mouths over here and they said they know its typical for those ppl whom have nothing to better do. so in close have fun running your mouths at others expense I am through because it would be all to easy to put you in your place. But I am going to be the adult and be nice.. Have fun cause urfunny lmao
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am through because it would be all to easy to put you in your place. >>

Have to get back to AOL Kiddie Chat?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I am through because it would be all to easy to put you in your place. >>

Have to get back to AOL Kiddie Chat?

Russ, NCNE >>

yea Russ I was busy talking to you over there in the little kids section moron..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file