Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

opinions on these early dollars

can i get some grade opinions on these early dollars i have. unfortunately these are the best scans i could get. also, i couldnt get a clear pic with my camera either. these are nicer in hand but you cant tell that from the scans of course. thanks for your thoughts. in the reverse scan, it appears that the 1797 is plugged, it is not. its just the scan.

pat

Comments

• Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    they all look to be in the vf range to me.

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    I think they used to plug some of these on purpose......

nice old and crusty......whether they are genuine or not, that's not my cup-o-tea! Where did these come from???????...........wes
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    i bought these (the 1795 flowing hair and the 1800 bust) from 2 different large dealers between 1 and 2 years ago. i have others, but just trying to get a feel for grading early dollars.
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    what grades did you buy them as do you remember?
    did they say they were ef or au coins?
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    i cant remember how they were described. certainly not au of course. i think ef-ef+. i wish i could get a nice pic to really show the details on the 1797.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    your 1797 looks VF+ and original. I like the 1800 at VG10 and the 1795 at Fine

very nice type set image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    I love the 1795! Looks like a nice lot of early dollars but i can't grade these worth crap image so i won't even try.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file