Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I need a 1976 Pete Rose PSA-8 to complete my PETE ROSE basic registry set!

I never dreamed this would be the toughest card to find when I started putting together my ROSE collection. I have every other card except this one in at least PSA-8, they are all high end, recently graded cards, none of the old hologram holders. I had 20 of these as a 15 year old and now I can't seem to find a nice one for the life of me. Why does this card never surface on e bay? Am I missing something here?image

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    It does surface on Ebay but it tends to be OC alot of the times. I had a perfectly centered 8 and sold it awhile back for around 70 or so? There out there but tough to find clean and centered sort of the like the 76 Ryan.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    according to vcp , 7 sold in december and 5 in novemeber on ebay.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Levi has this one on his site for 100.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    I looked at that one also but it's just not that nice and it was graded way back when. Thanks anyway for pointing that out.
  • Options
    i may be mssing something here, but what does it matter WHEN the card was graded?
  • Options
    To me personally it not only matters when it was graded, but by whom it was submitted by . . . it's a known fact that the earl graded cards with the hologram on the back were graded with much more leniency.
  • Options

<< <i>it's a known fact that the earl graded cards with the hologram on the back were graded with much more leniency. >>

known to you , here we go again , you just can't quit can you. give it a rest .
  • Options
    Just comment on the thread, no need for a color commentator who happens to own all that old stuff.image
  • Options
    I was going to reply but no need to waste my breath. you have no rational in your statments

if you are looking for a 76 rose there have been 12 on ebay in the last 2 months. doesn't sound like you should be having a problem. just pony up your bid and win the card
  • Options
    Why not just buy an 8 in the old holder and have it reholdered? Or crack and resubmit? As for me I don't mind the early graded cards I have a mix of old and new and think the grades ar pretty consistent.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    He means that he is looking for the card under $32 and can't find it. Guys like this want you to find them one and then wear you out on the centering, corner dings, print defects, age of the holder or scratch on the holder. If the card is perfect and they don't have a problem with the card, the price is too high and thanks for your time. I have dealt with guys like this packcollector.

It is apparent 1960toppsguy does not need it that bad.

shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    I respect your opinion, but don't necessarrily agree with it, just seen way to many sliders in old holders
  • Options
    Also, I have no problem what so ever paying well above SMR, I just haven't seen a decent one recently
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    If $100 is a fair price for the Rose and you need it badly enough, pick up Levi's card and get it reholdered with a new cert. for $5 to finish your set.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Did you see that card? It is a diamond cut, off centered, feathered cornered PSA-8, that is just not what I would accept. Pretty obvious, no one else would either, he has had it for sale forever. I've no problem paying that amount or more for a nice solid 8.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Not a tough card to fins, just keep your eye out. I would also consider finding an SGC or BVG example to cross.

For the record, that is an awful PSA 8 and I would pass as well.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards