Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

anyone have any idea what this might be worth?

I know it is not a card, but I have no idea what it might be worth. It is from the last IU home game in 1981 and that year IU went on and won the NCAA final. I have had it since I was a kid and actually got the autos from the players after the game. Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    ...best way to find out is to put it on the 'Bay. IU fans are a little.. well... let's just say some'of them are little too devoted. My guess is, that item (primarily because of the Isiah auto) might fetch $30-60. But who knows... if you get a couple of fanatic IU fans that just HAVE to have it, you might clear double, triple, or even more for it!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    Not sure if it correlates but I know that in my time looking for Jack Dempsey Autos the stuff that is PSA/DNA certified goes for MUCH more than just the old "Trust me, it's legit and I'll even type out a letter of authenticity on my computer to assure" routine. If you can get it slabbed (not sure how big it is) than it'll go for even more.

I'm not familiar with the costs involved with authenticating an item like that with PSA so it may not be worth it but I know I would never buy an auto on ebay unless it had that little sticker or been slabbed.

Good luck

Arthur
  • Options
    Thanks guys, maybe I will get a hold of psa/dna and see about getting it authenicated. It is a full size program, like the size of a sheet of paper. maybe they can seal it up like they do comic books?

thanks again for the info
    Josh
  • Options
    Nice stuff in my book even though I'm a Kentucky basketball fan.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    I doubt it will be worth the cost of getting it authenticated, you wouldn't likely recoup the cost if you decided to sell it.

After all, YOU got the autographs so you know they are good.
  • Options
    jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I doubt it will be worth the cost of getting it authenticated, you wouldn't likely recoup the cost if you decided to sell it.

After all, YOU got the autographs so you know they are good. >>

Why sell something like that anyway? I've kept my autos that I got as a kid. It doesn't take up that much room, and if your wife complains, I'm sure you can find a few pairs of shoes or a dress in her closet that haven't been worn in awhile. image
  • Options
    I wouldn't sell it, just kinda curious what it might be worth. I have another one from the following season, but no Isiah Thomas and no stars.

thanks for all the feedback
    Josh
  • Options
    Nothing to a Purdue fan.