Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does a 1937 D/D Buffalo nickel exist?

I was looking at my 1937-d through a loop and there appears to be another D to the right. I looked at pcgs price guide but do not see such variety. There is a 1938 D/D but no 1937. I did a search on google and found this coin, but it is ICG and it did not sell.

link

So:

1) Does this exist?

2) What is this worth in an AU grade?
Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
Cashback from Mr. Rebates

Comments

• Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    I don't know anything about the values of buffalo nickel die varieties, but I can say for sure there are at least nine different D/D RPMs for 1937D buffalo nickels. The PCGS price guide is probably one of the worst reference tools for die variety knowledge - it only lists the best known 2% of all die varieties, with no regard to the other 98%.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there are several 37-D/D RPM's, but PCGS does not officially recognize any of these at this time. Don't aske me why not.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even collect buffalo nickels and I have one sitting in a drawer at home
  • Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, there are several 37-D/D RPM's, but PCGS does not officially recognize any of these at this time. Don't aske me why not. >>

Can someone tell me if this is still the case? I'm trying to find a listing of attributions on PCGS web site but can't find it? I have a very nice example of this coin currently in an SEGS holder as an MS66 RPM-1. I'd like to try to cross it but only if I can get the attribution. Coneca's marker is "Stage C: Heavy die crack through FIVE CENTS – LDS" and it definitly has that as well as a very strong D/D east. I guess my other question is it even worth dinking around with or should I just leave it in the SEGS holder?
    Thanks

Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yes, there are several 37-D/D RPM's, but PCGS does not officially recognize any of these at this time. Don't aske me why not. >>

Can someone tell me if this is still the case? I'm trying to find a listing of attributions on PCGS web site but can't find it? I have a very nice example of this coin currently in an SEGS holder as an MS66 RPM-1. I'd like to try to cross it but only if I can get the attribution. Coneca's marker is "Stage C: Heavy die crack through FIVE CENTS – LDS" and it definitly has that as well as a very strong D/D east. I guess my other question is it even worth dinking around with or should I just leave it in the SEGS holder?
    Thanks >>

The answer is simple. If it is in the Cherrypicker's Guide they will attribute it.

==>> My book doesn't have it listed.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks fcloud and now that you said that I do remember that being the standard. I don't haven't bought the new CPG fourth edition volume two but will have to look into it. Thanks
    Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks fcloud and now that you said that I do remember that being the standard. I don't haven't bought the new CPG fourth edition volume two but will have to look into it. Thanks >>

.......hopefully it makes it into the NEXT edition of cherrypickers. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    bigtonydallasbigtonydallas Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    If they put every variety in the CPG it would be 5000 pages long and no other author could sell their own specialty book. IMHO.
    Big Tony from Texas! Cherrypicking fool!!!!!!
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If they put every variety in the CPG it would be 5000 pages long and no other author could sell their own specialty book. IMHO. >>

.......good point. maybe better putting stuff worth more than a few bucks in would be a good idea. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file