Home Sports Talk
Options

Kobe is a liar.

zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I just saw the hit on Ginobili that got him the one game suspension. He is still saying it was "unintetional." What a liar.

Anybody else se the clip? I was waiting to pass judgement until I saw it and IMO he blantantly swung his arm to hit Ginobili after Ginobili blocked his shot.
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    lol yep, he's a liar.

he's also a rapist.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Baseball,

Those are some harsh words. I don't disagree on the grounds you presented. I wouldn't enjoy watching the Yankees if they had someone like that on their team. I don't know about Kobe a whole lot. Ever since that rape case, I have very little respect for him. Even if he was not guilty, he was still cheating on his new wife.

If Stefan Edberg comes into discussion, now there is an athlete we can proudly talk about regardless if he is American.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more about the Kobe stuff.

He says it wasn't intentional, but who's swinging their arms like that after a shot? It's apparent he's frustrated about the team stinking as of late, and lashed out. Carmello got 15 games for his fight, I'm wondering why Kobe didn't get more than one game.
  • Options

<< <i>Couldn't agree more about the Kobe stuff.

He says it wasn't intentional, but who's swinging their arms like that after a shot? It's apparent he's frustrated about the team stinking as of late, and lashed out. Carmello got 15 games for his fight, I'm wondering why Kobe didn't get more than one game. >>

Accident... have you ever seen a superstar try to get a call they fling everypart of their body, every nba anylast said it was a accident, kobes reaction, which im guessing nobody saw was shocked and concerned, he didnt even know he hurt manu, who by the way flops on every play... IF manu doesn't fall kobe gets no suspension.
  • Options
    His on-court swing may or may not be an accident, but he's no rapist. Or was he convicted of a crime and I wasn't looking? The girl who made the accusation had so many DNA deposits on her lingere, I find it hard to believe all those other guys got in for free and Kobe had to take it by force.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I find it hard to believe all those other guys got in for free and Kobe had to take it by force. >>

He was just the only one going in the exit only door.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    1981-82 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1992-93 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1976 Topps Baseball PSA 9 or 10
    1981 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1982 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1986 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1975 Topps Wacky Packages Series 15 PSA 9 or 10
  • Options

<< <i>I hope you're not just figuring this out. Kobe is a born liar and narcisistic beyond anything I have ever seen in professional sports.

I was a diehard lifelong Laker fan for 25 years. Now I freakin hate them and root desperately for their demise. I'm sure I'll eventurally be a fan again but that won't be one day prior to his departure from the team. I have never disliked an athlete as much as I dislike Kobe. >>

I too was a die-hard Laker fan until the day I met Kobe. Now I root against them as well. I had the pleasure of waiting on him when I worked in the restaurant business. Not pleasant, not nice, and worst of all he totally stiffed me! This was during his rookie season and you know he did not get nicer as his fame grew. Not a good guy. I sure do miss the my Lakers of the 80's. Anyways just my 2 cents.

Mark
    1981-82 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1992-93 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1976 Topps Baseball PSA 9 or 10
    1981 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1982 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1986 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1975 Topps Wacky Packages Series 15 PSA 9 or 10
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I am a huge Lakers fan who is amazed by Kobe's ability, and loves to watch him play basketball, but has not warmed up to him as a human being.
    That said - he intended to fling his arm out and make contact with something, anything (!) so that he could have a chance to go to line and win the game instead of just having his shot blocked. If you have ever played basketball you know that in that nanosecond of time you have to put the onus on the official to see something that might not have actually happened. It just looks much worse in slow-mo because he was so far away and he got hit in the face and injured.

I have seen Kobe intentionally elbow an opponent in the face, but don't think that was the case this time.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manu is a flopper like the rest of the Euros (except for Dirk). Yes I know he is from Argentina, but he became a star in Italy. Kobe probably thought he was going soccer on him with the fake injury.
    Mike
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always liked Kobe's dad, Joe "Jellybean" Bryant when he played pro hoops in the 70's (for the Sixer's if I recall). After he left the NBA he continued his pro hoops career in Europe. Kobe spent a lot of time in Europe growing up, apparently learned multiple languages and clearly does not have a US "inner city" upbringing.

This is just speculation on my part, but I could see him growing up in a family environment where the father had the expectation that his son would also play pro hoops. Accomplishing this goal was probably force fed down Kobe's throat from day one. Kobe bought into it and for reasons only he could state, decided to embark upon his own quest to become a pro basketball player far better than any before or after. Driven, no doubt Kobe is.

However, like so many others who pour all of their energy and efforts into a single human endeavor, they turn out to be misfits who do not fit in well with society in general and with other persons.

Kobe's relationship with his family apparently has not been good in the past (who knows if it has been patched up). He married young and apparently his family did not approve of his bride.

His relationship with his teammates apparently is not close. He is supposedly a loner.

A phenomenal athlete, no doubt. He has won three rings, but only with Shaq on his team. He does not appear to be a player that makes his teammates better. He can score huge points, but who knows if he will ever lead his team to a championship (a la Jordan).

What I think is funny is reading box scores and seeing Kobe with 35 points in a game. Impressive, until you see that his team lost and see that he shot 6-35 from the floor with 3-20 three pointers and 20-25 free throws, while none of his teammates had over 8 points.

As far as his hooking up with girls/women other than his wife, that is typical in pro sports. Groupies in every city. Whether he committed a crime with the messed up Colorado teenager, who knows. However, he still cheated on his wife and that alone makes him slimey (just like the Mayor of San Francisco who was having sex with the wife of his campaign manager and good friend).
  • Options
    I agree with most everything in the last post. Very insightful. However, I understand it is probably meant as hyperbole, but only because I watch every Lakers game, and have for most of Kobe's career, but...
    I am willing to bet Kobe has never had a game as bad as 6-35 FG shooting. Actually, I doubt any modern player has ever had one that bad. Let's not overfeed the stereotype.

And his FG percentage is up this year as his points have dropped. He seems to have really trusted Phil Jackson that his ultimate success will be leading this young team deep into the playoffs, and eventually to a title. Until this year I did not believe it would happen. Now I am pretty sure they will win a title in the near future...
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not recall in Kobe has shot 6-35. Today's sports page indicated that last night Kobe shot 6-27 (or 7-26, I do not recall which).

He was on Shaq's team and not vice versa. He may also mature and become a player who makes his teamates better. Only time will tell. However, he is still someone I would not care to have anything to do with.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great basketball player, dirtbag as a person. Has yet to win squat with Shaq either, and never will. He's not a winner, he's cut from the same cloth as "Starbury" from the Knicks, all flash no guts. Not a winner.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Grote, time will tell. I think the future is bright for Kobe and the Lakers, and that eventually he will be seen as an all time great who led his team to championships. Maybe I will be wrong. But to compare Kobe to Marbury is so off base it is hard to measure. I have been watching the NBA for thirty years, and that is a horrible misperception.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    Why waste so much time discussing a maggot?

There are actual human beings playing sports that we could talk about ...

edited to not offend innocent piles of steaming garbage ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more...Kobe is beyond pathetic.

Gilbert Arenas, on the other hand, is everything you could want in a basketball player...it's too bad in their matchup tonight that the Wizards couldn't come out on top.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    AGAIN!

This guy is so FOS that it was not intentional.

The ESPN people too that think it's not are smoking crack!

The one replay they show that he didn't hit anyone from last years playoffs, he TRIED to hit the guy because he knew he was there! They are using that one clip as a "See, he does this all the time." BS. He's a dirty player.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Of course he is.

He got suspended earlier this year for the same thing...and he tries to say it's 'accidental'?

Kornheiser said if it was up to him, and it happened a third time, he'd sit him for 15 games.

I agree.
  • Options
    I like the title of this thread

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    BrianS agrees with SteveA's comments in this thread..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    the rapist is on the loose again.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    anyone who can get away with rape, will think they can get away with anything, including popping players in the throat/head whenever he chooses...cant wait for the 10 game suspension he will get next time it happens...

SHAQ was the first person to figure kobe out...He hates him so much!
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Where was all of this outrage everytime Karl Malone scissor kicked another player on nearly every jump shot or kneed someone on every drive?
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

<< <i>Where was all of this outrage everytime Karl Malone scissor kicked another player on nearly every jump shot or kneed someone on every drive? >>

Don't get me started on the Jazz from the 90s. Moving picks, flops (Stockton was up for several Academy Awards), and constantly threw elbows.

Yet for some reason, they were always portrayed as a clean team.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I'll never forget one time in the playoffs against the Kings, Chris Webber set up a brutal moving screen against Stockton that got Stockton absolutely crushed - Webber of course was called for a foul, but it set the tone for the series and the Jazz never played well after that.

The Jazz with Stockton and Malone got away with countless, countless violations.
  • Options
    wow, now the league is investigating another Kobe elbow, this one on Kyle Korver....link

seems like Kobe likes to throw flagrant elbows at white people...
  • Options

<< <i>wow, now the league is investigating another Kobe elbow, this one on Kyle Korver....link

seems like Kobe likes to throw flagrant elbows at white people... >>

Well we all know what he likes to do with white girls who work at spa retreats in Colorado image