Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So, Heritage, which is it?

Comments

• Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Folks bidding on them should know. If not, the pops do kind of paint the picture. Good attention to their write-ups.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>El one O

El two O >>

El one O has the mint mark below the bow

El two O has the mint mark above the bow

So the pop grid is correct.

<< <i>1875-CC 10C Mintmark Above Bow MS65 PCGS. The Above Bow variety is slightly more elusive than its Below Bow counterpart. Th... >>

So you think they've got the pop reports on the wrong coin?
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>El one O

El two O >>

El one O has the mint mark below the bow

El two O has the mint mark above the bow

So the pop grid is correct.

<< <i>1875-CC 10C Mintmark Above Bow MS65 PCGS. The Above Bow variety is slightly more elusive than its Below Bow counterpart. Th... >>

So you think they've got the pop reports on the wrong coin? >>

1875-CC 10C Mintmark Below Bow MS65 NGC. A much tougher variety than the Mintmark Within Bow variant.

Get it now?
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options

<< <i>

1875-CC 10C Mintmark Below Bow MS65 NGC. A much tougher variety than the Mintmark Within Bow variant.

Get it now? >>

yeah, that's why I edited my post. I didn't catch that the first time. Thanks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    I think the cataloguer probably just meant it the other way around in the wrong description. It happens. However, the slightly descriptor is a slight understatement I think.
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options

<< <i>I think the cataloguer probably just meant it the other way around in the wrong description. It happens. However, the slightly descriptor is a slight understatement I think. >>

Good catch! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file