Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Going to the bank....

I am gonna go to the bank in the morning and get a box of pennies. When searching these rolls what errors and varieties should i look for??

Gene2393

Comments

• Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    coppercoins.com..if you find an odd looking cent just check out that website it is about as comprehensive a website there is for lincolns

i usually look for things like the Close and Wide AM's

'84 double earlobe

'95-D DDO

'83-P DDR

and depending what you are collecting look for the LG and SM date '82's P & D copper and zinc

'69-S DDO

the list is WAY to comprehensive for a post...if you see something odd...look it up
  • Options
    On the 69s besides the DDO also look for 69sWCLR-001 which is a counterclash on the reverse.

1969s WCLR-001 counterclash
  • Options
    I searched a $25.00 box the other day, my results ....

1035 Pre 1982
    35 Wheats (several from the teens and twenties)
    28 Candians
    1402 1982-on

Highlight was a 1909 v.d.b. !

Other finds in previous rolls

1 1905 Indian Head
    1 1898 Indian Head
    1 1943 Steel
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    Get on www.coppercoins.com and just search for the varieties. Make a small list with a note about what to look for. It really makes checking for them quite easy. If the number 2 is doubled in the date, just make a doubled two next to the date on your list, and so on.

Good luck.
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file