Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

TWENTY DOLLAR GOLD PIECE 1924 PCGS MS61 BIN GOOD OR BAD PRICE?

I'm looking at a BUY IT NOW on a double eagle in an old green holder the bin is $765.00, is this a fair price for that item I am not looking to crack it out and resubmit just looking to increase my gold holdings on a cert coin.

Comments

• Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
    The price is fair but this type of coin is plentiful. Prepare to sell it for the spot price if you ever want to sell.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    the price is a little strong, IMO. i don't have current greysheet, but last month MS60 bid at $650 and MS62 at $685. if you are just looking for a type coin, i would suggest buying a different one, closer to spot price. a lightly circulated one would probably be better. Like Rarity said, you're going to get spot+a little for this one when you go to sell it, and you're going to get about the same out of a lightly circlated one, but you'd probably pay less for it. just my 2 cents

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overpriced by about $100 or so.

You should be able to find a nice MS-63 for that price.
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
    When gold was selling at $400/ounce, I had a chance to acquire a better date 1915-S Saint Gaudens PCGS-61 with nice luster, virtually no mark on the obverse, slightly above average strike for $450. Back then, I wondered why the coin graded so low but never thought of sending it in for a regrade.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm looking at a BUY IT NOW on a double eagle in an old green holder the bin is $765.00, is this a fair price for that item I am not looking to crack it out and resubmit just looking to increase my gold holdings on a cert coin. >>

I like to check w/ Gainesville Coins as their gold coins are fairly priced.......

1924 $20 St. Gaudens Saint With Motto Gold Double Eagle MS62 PCGS $725
    1924 $20 St. Gaudens Saint With Motto Gold Double Eagle MS62 NGC $725
    1924 $20 St. Gaudens Saint With Motto Gold Double Eagle MS61 ICG $715
  • Options
    Thanks for all the answers, I wasnt sure since the only guides I get are from Numismatic news and Coin World. I watch what the forum says and how everyone wants ogh to crack and resubmit but it was the coin not the plastic that interested me. Since this is in Europe and I would have to pay around $19.00 to have it shipped I could buy it in the states for less it looks like.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file