Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Guess the grade?for 1884 & 1906 Indian Pennies *Both RED*

I am a new member of PCGS and I may consider slabbing these. What do you think it will grade at? value? Thanks for the replies

1884 RED Indian Penny
LINK TO PICTURES

1906 RED Indian Penny (small spec on coin)

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. Unfortunately, I think both have been cleaned and would not be graded at PCGS.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Really? that's weird maybe the pictures are not good. They do not cleaned in real-life. Outside of that what do you think the grade would be if they were not-cleaned?
  • Options
    Wow! Good eyeball, Airplanenut. The Indian Head cents are too small on my screen to see that. Bigger pics, please! I have a weakness for IHC...
    Spare your best friend's life!! Adopt an adult dog at your local "kill" animal shelter. You will be changed.
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    the `84 looks too orange and unnatural is why it looks cleaned or maybe dipped
    other than that it looks unc
    maybe bad lighting or lacking color correct imaging

the `06 looks more natural but the carbon spots could get a body bag
    for enviromental damage or corrosion.
    on second glance the `06 is also a bit orange.
    sometimes thats a bad sign.

• Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    The 1906 is whizzed and that's not a "small spec", it's a gigantic spot image

The 1884 can't be graded from that icon complete with drop shadow small pic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file