Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1956 & 57 Topps Sets: What's a fair price to pay?

Someone has a 1956 Topps Set minus the Mantle. It's overall. With a Koufax PSA 5.

Then there is a 1957 Topps Set missing 19 (Notable omissions: Mantle, Bunning, Berra/Mantle and Dodgers Sluggers).
The '57 set has around 14 graded cards, including Mays (PSA 5), Clemente (PSA 6), Aaron (PSA 4).

I need some help on what's a fair price to pay. I will be lookig to resell it at a bigger show down the line.

Thanks for your inputs/feedback.

Jason

Comments

• storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    SMR

Complete 1956 PSA 5 = approx. $6200

Complete 1957 PSA 5 = approx. $6800

You might want to be sure to find out why the raw
    cards are not graded, before you pay too much.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • thanks.
  • nobody has any advice for me?
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "nobody has any advice for me? "

///////////////////////////////

Search completed listings on EBAY.

It is very hard to make money reselling cards,
    unless you buy them really cheap.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Jason

advice for your question is tuff. We have no idea what the cards look like. Are they centered? etc.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • I wouldn't buy a set raw unless I can see it physically in hand. It's a good amount of money to lose on cards if it's not a quality set. Lot's of things you can't see on scan that may be there. If you are very knowledgeable about vintage than do what you feel is right to you. Ask lots of questions though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave D.

• << <i>nobody has any advice for me? >>

Sure. You can throw the completed set prices out the window when they are missing most of the key cards. My guess is (esp. the 57 set) that they were at one time complete sets and someone bought the high dollar cards and left the rest behind. The cards that remain in PSA 4-5 tell you what condition the rest of the cards are probably in. Tough to move whats left at any price when the are in average condition. If you can get them at a steal, then any price is good. If you are buying them to resell then I think the asking price will probably far outweigh any profit you are looking to make. Just one honest persons opinion...