Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Variations and Errors Collectors?

Hey, I'm a big collector of V's and E's for my vintage sets. I've been compiling a master list for sometime now. I've even discovered a handful of truly unknown variations. Real ones, not simply printing errors or wrong backs. Some of them have come to light during the past few years.

Anyway, does anyone know of any groups that discuss these types of cards? Does anyone here have any unknown variations that I may have no knowledge of? PLMK.

Thanks.

--elm
Always looking to trade 1957 to 1971 baseball cards!

CMB: http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee404/JollyElm/

Comments

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Yes, as to Topps baseball. All the catalog stuff and a lot of non catalog stuff....all years , at least through 94, for example 3 yellow name and one white name variation for 1980 or 4 different 55 Sullivans . Lots more . Would be happy to exchange information. Always looking to learn about new ones
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    What is your email address? I tried to email you at your profile address and it was returned. John
  • Options
    There is a Yahoo Group that has several very knowledgeble members.....go to Yahoo.....Groups....and search for card-variations. Should bring up the group. Grant
  • Options
    Hey. e-mail is doctorduk@aol.com

• Options
    If you haven't already, check out the Vintage Baseball Card Forum. There are tons of knowledgable collectors there and I'm sure they could post some variations that you may not have seen yet.

Vintage Baseball Card Forum

Regards,
    Zach
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Bear in mind the Net54 vintage board is only for pre WW2, and essentially pre WW1. Post on Topps or Bowmans and the thread will probably get pulled very quickly.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>There is a Yahoo Group that has several very knowledgeble members.....go to Yahoo.....Groups....and search for card-variations. Should bring up the group. Grant >>

I was a member of that group, but I quit because they had a few jerks who took the information we were sharing and rushed to ebay to buy up all the 'unknown' variations people discovered from unsuspecting sellers. It happened time and time again. They offered nothing to the group. Bunch of a*holes!!!!!!!! And the group 'owner' refused to drop them, which was the last straw for me. It got to the point of, "Why should I bother sharing any of my discoveries with anyone?"

I'd like to talk to people who are trying to fill their own sets, not trying to profit off their fellow group members.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2018 3:16PM

@bishop

Are you familiar with this print variation on the 1972 Toby Harrah rookie card? The print circle in the lower left is pretty prominent and from searching web images seems to occur in maybe 10% of the run. I didn’t really notice it at first because the color makes it blend in with the uniform.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭