Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Best Registry Winners, What do you Get??

Hey everybody! I am curious to know if anyone has been awarded a top PSA registry Award. If so, What do they give you? I ask because I want to win in my "field."

Comments

• lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey everybody! I am curious to know if anyone has been awarded a top PSA registry Award. If so, What do they give you? I ask because I want to win in my "field." >>

Remember when you were a kid and your teacher would hand out those memiographed certificates with gold stars saying for instance "Best Speller"..................................

.......well the ones PSA sends ya have no gold stars.

....but they are still fun to get!! image
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• << <i>

<< <i>Hey everybody! I am curious to know if anyone has been awarded a top PSA registry Award. If so, What do they give you? I ask because I want to win in my "field." >>

Remember when you were a kid and your teacher would hand out those memiographed certificates with gold stars saying for instance "Best Speller"..................................

.......well the ones PSA sends ya have no gold stars.

....but they are still fun to get!! image >>

THEY ARE BETTER THAN THAT---------ALSO, REGISTRY PERSONNEL SPEND CONSIDERABLE TIME PUTTING THOSE THINGS TOGETHER---- I'M HAPPY WITH MINE--TONYimage
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    If your set is number one you get a certificate. If the set is extra special and is deserving of a higher award, PSA will award you with a HOF and you get a free 1993 refractor of Mark McGwire.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
    By the way, I found a Mark McGwire card in a collection that I bought last week numbered to 50. If you are interested in this, let me know.

Shane
  • This year you get free tickets to the Super Bowl!!!!!
  • The awards are great but I'm in it for the Football card groupies.
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Hey I didnt get my free tix's yet!!!imageimage
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    So, lets say you're leading the pack of all active registry participants for a particular set, but there's a retired set listed which ranks higher than yours, do you still get the award, or do you need to overtake the retired set too?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    digicat - It is the highest active set that gets the award.
  • The highest active set with at least 85% completion wins the award---Tonyimage
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • Hi, 1954! I would be interested in your card! Let me guess what it is! My three choices are that the card is A) A 2001-2001 Ultra Platinum medallion /50, B) A 1998 Leaf y/z axis /50, or c) a 2000 Ultra Talented /50. Well, I am just guessing. let me know!! Hmmm, maybe you have a 1998 Finest centurion refractor??
  • shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The awards are great but I'm in it for the Football card groupies. >>

..... said the Spider to the Fly!

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Oh - and don't forget being listed in the annual PSA calender.

J
    Jgarci-
    I am not sure what it is but I did find three cards that are numbered to 50 last night. And I also found a 94 finest Mcgwire that says preproduction on the front. Not sure if this is worth that much but in remembering the 93 Finest, the preproduction cards were pretty limited.

SL
  • The only way you could be "outstanding in your field" is if you bought a farm
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who gets invited to the luncheon (if there still is one - I remember one in CHicago a year or two ago?)?
    Mike
    Bosox1976