Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hey Marty!!

Do you think this may finally be the one I've been searching for???

Comments

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you think this may finally be the one I've been searching for???
    >>

You've been searching for a 67CAM with a giant fingerprint on the head?

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Do you think this may finally be the one I've been searching for???
    >>

You've been searching for a 67CAM with a giant fingerprint on the head?

Sean Reynolds >>

I've got your fingerprint sticking in the air. Can you see it??image
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about the dark area on the back of the head. But a nice score!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    c'mon, Ken, settle down!!!!

truth is that judging by the picture Sean is probably closer to the true grade than what you'd hope PCGS/NGC to assign. that's just a tough issue and time is proving that in the top grades it's gonna be a long term sure-fire winner, unless you happen to be one of the number who believe there are just millions of unsearched sets out there holding DCAM gems.........................i can assure you that isn't so because the Easter Bunny told me so!!image
  • Options

<< <i>c'mon, Ken, settle down!!!!

truth is that judging by the picture Sean is probably closer to the true grade than what you'd hope PCGS/NGC to assign. that's just a tough issue and time is proving that in the top grades it's gonna be a long term sure-fire winner, unless you happen to be one of the number who believe there are just millions of unsearched sets out there holding DCAM gems.........................i can assure you that isn't so because the Easter Bunny told me so!!image >>

Al, I have already gotten NGC grades of PF68*CAM and PF69*CAM for 71 Kennedies. This coin is better.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I don't like the blood stain on the back of JFKs head!!

Ken I have made dozens of these in 69*CAM and 68*CAM. But only one in PF69UCAM and only one in PR69DCAM. It's a nice looking coin, and it will UCAM, but getting the 69, I don't think so...
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Ken that looks like a stain of some sort on the back of the head? NCS first? I'm thinking of sending these two in on my next submission?

• Options
    TTT.

I had this thread bookmarked and just stumbled across the link. Ken, did you ever get the coin that used to be pictured in the first post graded?

Sean Reynolds

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options

<< <i>TTT.

I had this thread bookmarked and just stumbled across the link. Ken, did you ever get the coin that used to be pictured in the first post graded?

Sean Reynolds >>

Yes, I did!

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 11940685 86846 1966 50C SMS US MS66CA
    2 1 11940686 96807 1971-S 50C US PR68DC
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>TTT.

Sean Reynolds >>

Yes, I did!

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 11940685 86846 1966 50C SMS US MS66CA
    2 1 11940686 96807 1971-S 50C US PR68DC >>

Nice score! I humbly withdraw my year-old criticism of the coin. image

Sean Reynolds

• Options
    a year and a day. nice coin and nice grade.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file