Home Metal Detecting
Options

My son finds GOLD !

With my metal detector. He has been coming to my house evry weekend since early October to work on his hosue, a 65 mile drive. So last night he left to go home and about 15 minutes later he calls me and asks if he could use the MD and of course I said yes. I asked , "Did you lose something"?, "Yeah" he says, "my wedding band". Then he went on to explain how he came to lose it, he had taken it off while driving and put it in a crease in his pants until he got home. When he got home he forgot all about it and stepped out of the car and he figured it fell into the snow and he didn't realize it. Last night when he got home he discovered a water pipe had frozen in side the bathroom and he called to ask how to thaw it. I told him use a hairdryer, the safest way. Then about 1/2 hour later he calls and was pretty excited and told me he found his wedding band. So even though it was his gold to begin with, the happy ending of finding something as precious as his wedding band made my day. If he hadn't found it last night the chance of finding it without the MD in the spring would have been slim as it would have more than likely been pressed into the spring mud and he wouldn't have noticed it. An event like this could explain how many valueable items get lost almost forever. That is until someone with a MD comes along to find it.
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's good he found it. I occasionally take my wedding band off but I don't put it in a crease in my pants! image

I often hang it on the turn signal stalk of my van. Well, no, not the turn signal stalk, exactly- that's fatter than my finger. But there is this other little handle for the tilt steering that sticks out. It's a good place to hang my ring if I take it off to go diggin' or whatever.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PS- we had a hard freeze here last night and it was pretty raw. Though the sun has warmed everything nicely and all but the birdbath has pretty much thawed by now, I can only shudder to imagine what you poor folk up there in Frozen Yankeeland must be putting up with.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    It was 19 below zero friday and we've had several days in a row with below zero readings in the morning now. All looks good as I noticed my calendar has the months of May, June and July on it again this year and the best time is in August and September. (no bugs)
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options

<< <i>the best time is in August and September. >>

Ugh. That is our absolute worst time of year here.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>the best time is in August and September. >>

Ugh. That is our absolute worst time of year here. >>

Ill second that... you wont catch me outside then.