Home Sports Talk
Options

Turner a Giant? A Jet?

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
Read on my fantasy sight that both NY teams are looking at Chargers backup Running Back Michael Turner, the guy is a STUD. He would fit in as a quality starter for any team.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Read on my fantasy sight that both NY teams are looking at Chargers backup Running Back Michael Turner, the guy is a STUD. He would fit in as a quality starter for any team. >>

I've been hearing the same talk since middle of this past season. I'm a Giants fan, and I agree that Turner could be great. Thing is, I want to see Brandon Jacobs given a shot as the starter. In my mind, he's earned it. I'd rather see he be given a shot for what he's accomplished as a backup for the last 2 seasons. Yes, his YPC are half of what Turner has done. But Jacobs has 3 times as many touchdowns as Turner and nearly 3 times the recieving yards in one less season. Giants needs are on the defense(I'm hoping they try and get Adulius Thomas from the Ravens, he is the most versatile defensive free agent), adding youth and depth to the O-line, Special teams(maybe Bobby Wade from the Titans?). But ya know, I wouldn't complain that much if Turner headed to Big Blue either. I just believe, even with the loss of Barber there are other concerns that need to be addressed.

I'd like to see the Jets get him. He has a style such that he and Leon Washington could be used together, and they would certainly ease the loss(eventual) of Curtis Martin. He seems like he could fit into the Jets system much easier and effectively than he would going to the Giants.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

After the Eli trade fiasco, the Giants may be a bit leery of dealing with the Chargers.

Is going to take a # 1 pick or top player to get Turner.
    I'd settle for Gibril Wilson. He'd be a nice upgrade at Safety.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options

<< <i>After the Eli trade fiasco, the Giants may be a bit leery of dealing with the Chargers.

Is going to take a # 1 pick or top player to get Turner.
    I'd settle for Gibril Wilson. He'd be a nice upgrade at Safety. >>

Both are free agents(Turner and Wilson) this offseason.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topps, I agree that Jacobs should be given fair oppurtunity for the feature back role, I am suprised that many NY guys feel he cant do the job. I will say that Turner could very easily be a 1500 + yard back, he is compact with nasty speed. Tuff to showcase your talent playing behind L.T but he has been in the league for a couple of years so that would only benefit him at this point.
  • Options

<< <i>Topps, I agree that Jacobs should be given fair oppurtunity for the feature back role, I am suprised that many NY guys feel he cant do the job. I will say that Turner could very easily be a 1500 + yard back, he is compact with nasty speed. Tuff to showcase your talent playing behind L.T but he has been in the league for a couple of years so that would only benefit him at this point. >>

Well I'm not one of those Giant fans that doesn't think he(Jacobs) can get it done. Certainly, Turner has to be looked at as a possibility. With a healthy O-line(Like it was in the beginning of 2006), and with the right playcalling(He's not Tiki, so don't run him like Tiki), I firmly believe that Brandon Jacobs will get it done. I myself have heard some weird comparisons, Lamont Jordan as a Jet to the position Brandon Jacobs is coming into.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils