Home PSA Set Registry Forum

I Love PSA But Is This Lazy Or Just Rude??

I received my 74 card submission and was fairly pleased, 16 10's, 27 9's and 12 8's. When I looked at my King B disks I just shook my head. No I did not expect them to be perfectly straight and right on the money, they are circular, but did they have to start out upside down and sideways? Am I being petty or should they have at least left PSA in the right position. Anyway, I loved my grades, I have more cards to send in but it would be nice if someone showed a little courtesy when placing cards in the holders.

Does anybody know of a way to get the disks to move around without damage. I tried gently but with no luck. Let me know Jack
Looking for 1971 Topps Football PSA 8 NQ or above, and slowly working my way into the 1962 Topps Football Set. Check out my 1972 Topps Football Set 100% Complete.

Comments

• The former
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    PM sent

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably ended up that way after the USPS got done with them. Just moving the box around will cause the discs to spin.

Steve
  • SD,

I don't think it had anything to do with shipping. I tried for half an hour to get them to rotate with little or no result. As well as they were packed there is no way they moved around that much from shipping.
    Looking for 1971 Topps Football PSA 8 NQ or above, and slowly working my way into the 1962 Topps Football Set. Check out my 1972 Topps Football Set 100% Complete.
  • Anyone ever get a normal 2.5 x 3.5" card upside down?

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    They should have left PSA in the right position, and you're not being petty.
  • I believe the only way to prevent spinning is to apply back to front pressure or adhesive. Definately wiser to leave them float freely. Perhaps make a hi-res color copy to apply to the slab front?
  • I wish they had a set way they holder horizontal cards.

It sucks when you put them in binders and all the backs don't line up the same way.
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I used to grade a lot of 70's discs and they would come back to me all the time like that. I was able to turn those very easily but they were in bigger holders.

Try this. Take the Marino 10 for example. Tap the bottom left corner against a hard surface like a table. The card will tend to "roll" down to the bottom clockwise. Then tap the top right corner against the table. The card will then roll clockwise towards the top. Continue that process until the card is straight.

Let me know how that works.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    dont use a nice wood table though. all you will do is ding the finish of the table.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's

• << <i>dont use a nice wood table though. all you will do is ding the finish of the table. >>

I'd go next door and use theirs!
  • I give up guys, I tried side tapping, fast spinning, inertial dampening, yelling, begging, an old priest and a young priest and even a Vulcan Mind Meld and it just moves up and down. Two of them are 1 of 1's and I don't want to damage them. I'll just live with the shame.

Thanks for the imput.

Jack
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish they had a set way they holder horizontal cards.

It sucks when you put them in binders and all the backs don't line up the same way. >>

Always had the same question when storing even my raw cards.

Seems to be a general rule of thumb, and all grading companies should adopt it.
    The tops of players heads should be on the left side. THERE! It's just that simple! Anything else should be considered a mistake.

As to the round things ... yes they should be right side up ... I'd be pi$$ed off too ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Another option is to take them to the National and pay for reholdering. If your lucky, they might do it for free.
  • discs move around -- they were probably in the correct position when they left PSA.

They will likely move back to their position over time. My disc cards always seems to move around in their holders. Even when I just leave them where they are stored -- sometimes they will be upside-down the next time I see them.