Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Taking offers for 1988 Topps Cloth Experimental baseball cards

Hi..

To the best of my knowledge these cards were produced by Topps, but was a failed experiment that was never meant to be released to the public, but like many other collectibles these cards made their way into the hands of collectors. The complete set consists of 121 blank backed cards that look like the regular 1988 Topps cards, but the similarity ends there. The cards are printed on a material that looks and feels like TYVEK(that's the plastic that's wrapped around a newly constructed house before the vinyl siding goes up). The cards are very thin and flexible. To give you an idea of the thickness it would take three(3) 1988 Cloth cards stacked on top of each other to equal the thickness of a standard 1988 Topps baseball card. I have for sale the following cards. It's not a complete set as I have already sold some. I broke them down by teams for the team collectors out there. This is also a neat item if you collect Topps test issues. Most of the players in this set are commons. I will try and post scans of the stars that I have left this weekend.

Email me with questions or for high quality scans of particular card(s) and to talk about prices. I will answer all emails as quickly as possible.

List has been updated as to what cards are remaining on 2-19-2007.

Thanks...Donato

Tony Armas (Angels)-Gary Lucas (Angels)-Gus Polidor (Angels)-Butch Wynegar (Angels)

Tim Birtsas (Athletics)-Steve Ontiveros (Athletics)-Eric Plunk (Athletics)

George Bell (All Star) (Blue Jays)-Tom Henke (All Star) (Blue Jays)-Jimmy Key (All Star) (Blue Jays)

Bruce Benedict (Braves)-Jeff Dedmon (Braves)-Damaso Garcia (Braves)-Ed Olwine (Braves)-Charlie Puleo (Braves)-Chuck Tanner (Braves)

Mark Clear (Brewers)-Mike Felder (Brewers)-Steve Kiefer (Brewers)-Charlie O’Brien (Brewers)

Drew Hall (Cubs)-Les Lancaster (Cubs)-Frank Lucchesi (Cubs)-Jim Sundberg (Cubs)

Jeff Hamilton (Dodgers)-Shawn Hillegas (Dodgers)-Ken Landreaux (Dodgers)-Len Matuszek (Dodgers)-Alex Trevino (Dodgers)

Craig Lefferts (Giants)-Chris Speier (Giants)

Andy Allanson (Indians)-Carmen Castillo (Indians)-Doc Edwards (Indians)-John Farrell (Indians)

John Moses (Mariners)-Dennis Powell (Mariners)-Steve Shields (Mariners)-Mike Trujillo (Mariners)

Rick Aguilera (Mets)-Dave Johnson (Mets)-Barry Lyons (Mets)-John Mitchell (Mets)-Rafael Santana (Mets)-Doug Sisk (Mets)-Tim Teufel (Mets)

Mike Bielecki (Pirates)-Bob Kipper (Pirates)-Jose Lind(Pirates)

Ed Correa (Rangers)-Geno Petralli (Rangers)

Wade Boggs (All Star) (Red Sox)-Dennis Boyd (Red Sox)-Roger Clemens (All Star) (Red Sox)-Joe Sambito (Red Sox)

Terry McGriff (Reds)-Jeff Montgomery (Reds)-Frank Williams (Reds)

Ed Hearn(Royals)-Bill Pecota (Royals)-Gary Thurman (Royals)

Billy Bean (Tigers)-Dave Bergman (Tigers)-Matt Nokes (All Star) (Tigers)-Pat Sheridan (Tigers)

Keith Atherton (Twins)-Mark Davidson (Twins)-Dan Schatzeder (Twins)-Twins Leaders (Gary Gaetti, Kent Hrbek) (Twins)

Ron Karkovice (White Sox)-Pat Keedy (White Sox)
Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)

Comments