Home Sports Talk
Options

Serena Williams Back?

Dominated Sharpova tonite... Back from knee surgey.

Comments

• Options
    It was just a matter of time, she is still the most dominant female when she's healthy.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still cant figure out if Im attracted to her or not......image
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I still cant figure out if Im attracted to her or not......image >>

Bring your sexy...........back??image
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    It seems that womens' tennis has become a beauty show case of sorts as a forum poster already proves this notion. Sports Illustrated, fashion magazines and commercials capitalize on these young womens' sex appeal.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    She's got some nice knocks, but the rest of her is too thick and muscular for my liking... I still like to know I'm sleeping with a woman when the lights are dim (no, not a racial remark either so don't start).
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She kicked the crap out of Sharapova!!

And supposedly she is out of shape . . . .
  • Options
    There... see, dirtmonkey talked. Is womens' tennis fun to watch because of the tennis or because of the young women in scanty clothing who are in very good physical condition?
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• Options
    I think it's both DeutschGeist. What normal man doesn't like watching Sharapova, or Clijsters doing her splits on awesome returns, or Daniela Hantuchova doing anything, or Jelena Dokic (wish she was doing better).......beautiful chicks playing great tennis.
    Holes-in-One
    1. 7-17-81 Warrenton GC Driver 310 yards 7th Hole (Par 4)
    2. 5-22-99 Warrenton GC 6 iron 189 yards 10th Hole
    3. 7-23-99 Oak Meadow CC 5 iron 180 yards 17th Hole
    4. 9-19-99 Country Lake GC 6 iron 164 yards 15th Hole
    5. 8-30-09 Country Lake GC Driver 258 yards 17th Hole (Par 4)

Collector of Barber Halves, Commems, MS64FBL Frankies, Full Step Jeffersons & Mint state Washington Quarters
  • Options
    mr3holesinone,

You hit it. If men are honest and truthful, of course it would be a combination of both reasons mentioned. I find it hard to believe its strictly for the sport itself and if it were, that's only a minority of men. The media helps fan those flames. They don't make it difficult to see what attractive women play tennis.

In the past decade or so, it is kind of nice to see post-Soviet success within Russia. I think Sharapova and others have done a lot to draw world attention to Russia in positive and good spirited ways.

Russia is the most populous European nation, or should I say most numerous people of European descent. Its not surprising that they can still dominate in athletics even after the Soviet era, albeit in a much different manner. They have a large pool to recruit from. Sweden produces good athletes, but their pool is just smaller, that's all.

Something curious....since Steffi Graf, no German has come to the tennis scene with any real dominance. Must be a temporary drought.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't intended as a "male chauvinist pig" type comment but strictly in the interest of the betterment of women's sporting events as a whole, to bring out the best in sports actrvities for the enjoyment of all - I feel that in women's professional sports it should be a requirement that they be naked.
  • Options
    Happy birthday Serena!