Home Stamps Forum
Options

Question About Trading Postage Denominations with the USPS

sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi everybody over on this side of the CU forums. I usually post on the paper money board but I have a stamp question that I hope someone can answer. Any information would be appreciated.

I use older mint US postage for all of our business mail shipping. I need to trade some lower denominations (6-10 cents) for higher denominations, 25 cent or up. I know that the USPS won't buy back postage but is there any provision for trading lower denomination for higher ones? I can't fit enough of the lower denominations on some packages. If the USPS won't do this, does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks. -Russell Kaye, Sellitstore
Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Comments

• Options
    The Post Office is not supposed to trade denominations, nor will they in my experience. That is part of the reason lower value postage sells for a lower percent of face value. I usually pay 90% of face for $1 and 50c stamps. For 5c stamps, only 80%. Weird odd values (4c, 6c, 8c etc.) even less.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Richard,

Thanks for the answer. Maybe I need to start using bigger boxes.

Or maybe someone would trade higher denomination scrap for older plate blocks, especially if I through in some "better" ones. Perhaps I'll should try the BST board.
    Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Call Steve Malack.

Jerry