imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage

imageimageimageimageimage oops, this is the reverse of the 48-D 66FBL image
imageimage
These two of the 58D 66fbl were some of the first attempted.
Then we went to a timed shutter release so fat fingers wouldnt shake the camera.
Here are some more:
imageimage
imageimage
Another one (63D) from initial attempts. Blurry..The coin actually has a green thing going on in the Obverse center.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Comments

• Options
    Looks like your getting that camera thing down. Bob
    Pecunia in arbotis non crescit.
  • Options
    I think the NGC 52-S is the best !
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the NGC 52-S is the best ! >>

Please do not compliment competitors coins on PCGS' boards, people have been banned for less.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743

<< <i>Looks like your getting that camera thing down. Bob >>

No! My wife is starting to get the camera thing down....she's the genius in the familyimage
    Actually, I havent had time...busy as all get out. The pics still don't really do the coins any justice.
    I'm going to search the forums later for some good tips.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm going to search the forums later for some good tips. >>

I've had this thread bookmarked for years, probably as good a place to start as any.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Thank you Seanq!
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some very sweet coins! image That '52-S is a killer. image

EDITED TO ADD: The top one.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the toning shown in the pictures of the 1949S, the 1954P, the 1948P and the 1948 (obverse only). I bet the toning on these coins looks even better in hand under good lighting.

The toning shown on the other coins in the pictures look less attractive to me. However, I bet in hand and under good lighting the toning on these other coins look great.

Very nice coins.
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    WOW!

If I had the money I'd buy them all! image
  • Options

<< <i>WOW!

If I had the money I'd buy them all! image >>

Thanks! I'll be posting pic for a few days...working out the photo images and looking for feedback on image quality.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have recently gotton into them as well,...I am one shy of a date set in PCGS/NGC...most of them are toned

heres a few

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    That 54D is a very tough date.
  • Options

<< <i>That 54D is a very tough date. >>

actually a Freebie from teletrade, used the $50 coupon.image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think the NGC 52-S is the best ! >>

Please do not compliment competitors coins on PCGS' boards, people have been banned for less.

Sean Reynolds >>

...........point well taken ; in the future I will stifle myself
  • Options
    The 52-S that your speaking of is going to go to PCGS. Although not evident in the compressed image, the bell lines might all be there. I plan on taking a real hard look tonight.
  • Options
    Come on folks, I need more feedback on the photo quality..
  • Options
    I like the rim toning on the 49-S,neat!
  • Options
    ttttttt
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Here's my 1 and only.

• Options
    carlcarl Posts: 2,054
    You are aware that there is a special forum for toned coins of course. Check it our. It's TCCS forums. That stands for Toned Coin Collectors Society. It is at www.tonedcoins.org
    Carl
  • Options
    toned forum link

rainbow room !
  • Options
    Yea, I knew about that, once. I had forgotten about them. Thanks for the reminder, and I'll check it out.
  • Options
    nice frankies. thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    I like Frankies, in fact at one time my wife said if I bring one more Franky into the house she was leaving. So, I became a type collector, sold almost all my Frankies and kept only a few of the best.

Wally

BTW MadMonk, thats a lovely group of Franklins.
  • Options

<< <i>I like Frankies, in fact at one time my wife said if I bring one more Franky into the house she was leaving. So, I became a type collector, sold almost all my Frankies and kept only a few of the best.

Wally

BTW MadMonk, thats a lovely group of Franklins. >>

Thankyou, You have to believe me that these are all much nicer in hand.
  • Options
    nice!
  • Options
    I'm still having a fit trying to get good images. I'm working with lighting more so than anything.
    How many folks use more than one light source? I'm thinking about buying another lamp.
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Very nice coins image -Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    Instant replay!image
  • Options
    have any of these gotten regraded as FBL`s ?
  • Options
    Hi Foxxze,
    The only two that I want to send in for review are the 52-S coins. Thee lines are there, just have to see if PCGS thinks so, at that moment, on that day, in that state of mind, after eating Pizza and drinking a coke. I havent had time to send them in. Too busy at work and home.
  • Options
    Monk -
    take the time to send them ..........you only live once !image
  • Options
    tttimage
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Shoot if you have SG's approval you have mine.

Heck you have mine either way nice stuff.
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its nice to see Franklin junkiesimage
    We have to stick together you know.......
    Can't get enough Frankies.......
    Have you had your Frankies today?image

Great coins, I like them.

Stefanie

Here's a few for you.

• Options
    i love them too ..........
  • Options
    mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    Man I can't get enough of this thread.
  • Options
    EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    I just posted this in a (help grade these thread) yesterday. But I can't resist posting them here also. Hope you don't mind.

ED
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh! Haven't seen this thread for a while. Still like that '52-S of yours. Here's mine...

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are a couple more for fun
    58D NGC 64

Two views of the same coin NGC PF 63 Cameo (one of my personal favorites)

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Sweet Cameo there Cameonut!
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    hey Monkster ; did you ever send that 52-S to PCGS ?
  • Options
    PawPaul, No sir, will prolly send both 52S in. I just got a new camera in February that might allow better photos.
    I have had some much going on the past years, that I could barely take time for anything.

The 48D, 49S orange rimmed, and 55 rainbow are all sold. Fairly long time ago. All buyers were very happy.

oh, the 48P might be gone too. Also the bright orange 58D. You're gonna poop when you see what I have left, and that is my 2nd tier stuff.
  • Options
    So who are the current Franklin collectors on the forum? I've been to sparse with life and being a single Dad.
    Show me some pretty Frankies!
  • Options

<< <i>So who are the current Franklin collectors on the forum? I've been to sparse with life and being a single Dad.
    Show me some pretty Frankies! >>

Madmonk! Nice to see you. I remember this thread. Here's a 49D 65FBL I used to own.

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.
  • Options
    A couple more. I really need to get more (and better) photos of my Frankies.

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

• Options
    Dang, Jcarney, that is a sweet 49-D! The 57 and 49 ain't too shabby either. That 57 has that look some 57s have. The Basining is nice, and pops beautifully.
  • Options

<< <i>Dang, Jcarney, that is a sweet 49-D! The 57 and 49 ain't too shabby either. That 57 has that look some 57s have. The Basining is nice, and pops beautifully. >>

Unfortunately, the 49d is long gone. The 49 is really nice with a creamy luster that I believe has never been dipped. You probably know how tough this date/mm is in gem brilliant.

• Options
    Indeed. I think I handled one really nice, Solid Gem, Brilliant 49 in all my years. Years after selling that one, I attempted putting both a toned and brilliant set together. NEVER found a Brilliant 49 that I liked.
  • Options
    Mr. Monk, I replied to your PMs. Been a long time. I have an opening for a 52-S in my set...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file