Home Sports Talk
Options

Philip Hughes?

Yankees fans, what do you think of this kid? Will he be in the rotation by the end of the year? A lot of people have him touted as the #1 pitching prospect and most def top 5.

Comments

• Options
    I've seen some of his games, and right now I'm very impressed. I think, the real determining factor of whether he is brought up this year, is the overall health to the aging starting rotation. I do believe that Humberto Sanchez and Phillip Hughes could both be up on the major league roster by the summer, if injuries beset that rotation again. For some reason the Yankees brass believe Pavano can be a contributor this season, I'll have to see that to believe that.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    One guy, Tyler Clippard seems to be hiding in the Yankees farm system. This kid is awesome. I would put him on the same level as Philip Hughes. You will see Clippard in the rotation in 2, maybe 3 years barring any injury.

But Hughes is the real deal. Everything I have heard reported is that he has great stuff. There is a lot expected.
  • Options
    There are two types of touting from the Yankees when it comes to prospects--touting a player as trade bait and touting the keepers. Hughes is being touted as a keeper. He's gonna be real good for a real long time.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Mr Hughes is probably reading this right now, he is a member of beckett boards...