Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

OT: Anyone of you live near Lake George?

I will be in the area freezing my butt off Saturday Ice Fishing.image
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been to Lake George. I believe a CU member is from Sarasota Springs which is in the neighborhood but I can't remember who it is.

The Adirondacks in winter doesn't appeal to me. Bill, the temp in Buffalo right now is 8° without the wind. Up in the North Country it must be friggin' freezing. Good luck.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Hey Cos!! image How's the playing going??
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Ajaan I believe the CU member is Jerryboy you are talking about.

Terry playing is coming along nicely.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I will be in the area freezing my butt off Saturday Ice Fishing.

Masochistic tendencies eh?image

I will be in Lake George this August for a week of (hopefully) sun, water, and suds.image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Hi Bill,

Just mailed a coin to Steve (NyKyFyR) in Lake George, NY.

Take Care,
    Larry
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone of you live near Lake George? >>

No, but my grandmother owned a huge house on the lake when I was a kid. "Sentinel Pines", it was called. My stepgrandfather had two vintage boats- a gorgeous 1940s Chris-Craft and a sexy 1920s rumrunner cigarette-boat. We used to cruise the lake in them. This was the early 1970s when I was a wee lad, but I remember it vividly- such a beautiful place.

I remember messin' around down at the boathouse with an old fishing rod, and actually catching two big bass on foil gum wrappers, which I threw into one of the ornamental fish ponds on the lawn (the live bass, not the gum wrappers).

<< <i>I believe a CU member is from Sarasota Springs which is in the neighborhood >>

Speaking of Sarasota, that same grandmother had her winter home in Sarasota, FL.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.