Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Woohoo! Finally...a Canadian Type Set Album!

Randy @ Chief Coin suprised me today by saying he'd found a Canadian Type Set for me. This is like a real early Christmas. I wonder if it's cheaper to by Canadian coins at shops in Canada?
Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I wonder if it's cheaper to by Canadian coins at shops in Canada? >>

Well the Canadian dollar is only about 89% the US$ but then you'll have to pay the GST and PST which usually comes to 15%.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> I wonder if it's cheaper to by Canadian coins at shops in Canada? >>

Well the Canadian dollar is only about 89% the US$ but then you'll have to pay the GST and PST which usually comes to 15%. >>

I live close to the border. I've never declared anything I've purchased in Canada when re-entering. I'll just slip it into a flip and mix it all in with my pocket changeimage
    Prost!

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goober, where about close to the border? The GST and PST are charged in Canada. Your best bet might be to go to a Canadian coin show.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    I live in the Flathead Valley in northwest Montana. The border is just about 55 miles away. We usually go up to Cranbrook, Alberta every year. I'll usually pick up some coinage in the bank while there but have never really sought out a shop.
    Prost!

• Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I live in the Flathead Valley in northwest Montana. The border is just about 55 miles away. We usually go up to Cranbrook, Alberta every year. I'll usually pick up some coinage in the bank while there but have never really sought out a shop. >>

You'll have a lot better luck in Calgary for finding a coin store. Where is Cranbrook? I can't find it on a map.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I live in the Flathead Valley in northwest Montana. The border is just about 55 miles away. We usually go up to Cranbrook, Alberta every year. I'll usually pick up some coinage in the bank while there but have never really sought out a shop. >>

You'll have a lot better luck in Calgary for finding a coin store. Where is Cranbrook? I can't find it on a map. >>

Yeah but Calgary is six hours away. Cranbook is a nice day trip. If you can find Eureka, MT on a map the crossing is called Rooseville. Go up on a map and the road splits. Cranbrook is to the left, and Kimberly is to the right. Actually I messed up, it's in BC not Alberta.
    Prost!

• Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Actually I messed up, it's in BC not Alberta.

All Canadian provinces are the same, anyway. image

My aunt and grandmother are about 200 miles due west of Cranbrook in the Okanogan Valley.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options

<< <i>Actually I messed up, it's in BC not Alberta.

All Canadian provinces are the same, anyway. image

My aunt and grandmother are about 200 miles due west of Cranbrook in the Okanogan Valley. >>

Wow, now that's neat. Even though my father was born in Montana he was raised in the Okanogan Valley in Washington State. Near Oroville and Tonasket (sp?). Just south of the Canadian region.
    Prost!