Home Metal Detecting

More finds from this month...

Thought I'd submit another quick post during the VTH3 break this afternoon. (GR said he won't be back until later tonight)

Here are a few other finds I pulled earlier this month...
> Silver Q (1946)
> Silver war nickel (1943)
> Wheatback cent
> Marble
> An aluminum thimble (probably some coffee company's give-away)
and
> A WWI Infantry Collar Disc (not sure about the details... what the 62 stands for, looks like there was a "K" on the bottom that came off... or a "Y") If anyone has more info, I'd love to find out more about the group that wore this one.

The disc is a fun find, but not as sweet as the one that HKnJ found earlier this month
(see his post = WWI British Tank Corps enlisted personnel collar disc)

Happy hunting all! image

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, you're hotter'n a country boy's air rifle this month.

That's an old saying of my grandmother's. It never used to make sense to me, either, 'cause, as I explained to her, air rifles don't get hot. I think she was referring to the other kind of hot, as in "purloined".

You have snatched up some nice goodies lately. How're your statistics? Total alltime silver count, fer instance?

WTG!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Thanks Rob, I think part of the recent success has to do with running a new detector...
    It could be running better, deeper, cover more ground, or I was also thinking that it's
    getting me to go back and dig all signals. (the Franklin was definitely a goofy signal
    and maybe I wouldn't have dug it with my other machine?)

As for total silvers... I think it's around 110.

You know your digger's diary used to give me that extra added "encouragement" to
    get out in the past imageimage
  • Man Rick your just killing in the find's field's this month!!

What are you doing finding my marble'simage!!

Man I think my machine is rejecting all the goodie's this month and just excepting trash target'simageimage oh and crusty zinc penny's too.
    HH,Tom
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Go Riccar!!!!
  • Thanks Tom, I was actually thinking about you and the marble finds when I saw this
    one in the plug!
    <<Man I think my machine is rejecting all the goodie's this month and just excepting trash target's>>
    (this isn't normal for you... I bet you'll be seeing seated soon)

Phut-
    If I keep having months like this, I'm going to have to start posting my finds like you do!
    (wait until the end of the month, add pics of everything, and limit the commentary in order
    to conserve time) image
  • Nice work Rick!

I like the collar disk...seems to be a few of those around lately.

62nd Infantry? Company letter is missing?

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Very nice haul. I'm jealous.