Home Sports Talk
Options

South Beach - plenty of temptations for NFL players to get into trouble

When the two teams go to the Super Bowl in Miami I wonder if the coaches are going to place restrictions on them or lecture them
to stay away from bars, nightclubs etc. that they could get into trouble at. The last thing they want is headlines "NFL player arrested
for bar brawl" or something similiar. The temptations will be plenty but will common sense prevail?

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Message to Tank Johnson...stay in your room and away from guns! He shouldn't even be playing in the game, anyway, but that's a separate matter...
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When the two teams go to the Super Bowl in Miami I wonder if the coaches are going to place restrictions on them or lecture them
    to stay away from bars, nightclubs etc. that they could get into trouble at. The last thing they want is headlines "NFL player arrested
    for bar brawl" or something similiar. The temptations will be plenty but will common sense prevail? >>

Uh, I would think there's more temptations in New Orleans than Miami image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>When the two teams go to the Super Bowl in Miami I wonder if the coaches are going to place restrictions on them or lecture them
    for bar brawl" or something similiar. The temptations will be plenty but will common sense prevail? >>

Uh, I would think there's more temptations in New Orleans than Miami image >>

If you remember, the Eugene Robinson (Atlanta Falcons) controversy was in Miami. There may be a few distractions for the players in Miami, too...image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think there would be distractions no matter where they play, Smoking woman are EVERYWHERE not just in Miami, I think they will be fine if they are forbiden to party and are strict with curfews.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter where they go, they are the trouble and they will create trouble! I would love to see the NFL just throw out something different for once and award the Super Bowl to a city like Green Bay. Of course the same old story will come up about how there isn't anything to do up there, the weather in February, not enough hotels or restaurants.........BLAH BLAH BLAH. Take it down a notch for once. I bet it would be a huge hit!!! Park a few cruise ships in Lake Michigan for the Press and people to rent for a week if it isn't frozen over. I bet the cruise lines would love the publicity. Let people see what real football is like.

Is it me or is the Super Bowl starting to look the same each year? Same sort of hype, same indoor fields, bad halftime shows and players covered in confetti at the end holding up the trophy. Spice it up a bit!!!

• Options

<< <i>It doesn't matter where they go, they are the trouble and they will create trouble! I would love to see the NFL just throw out something different for once and award the Super Bowl to a city like Green Bay. Of course the same old story will come up about how there isn't anything to do up there, the weather in February, not enough hotels or restaurants.........BLAH BLAH BLAH. Take it down a notch for once. I bet it would be a huge hit!!! Park a few cruise ships in Lake Michigan for the Press and people to rent for a week if it isn't frozen over. I bet the cruise lines would love the publicity. Let people see what real football is like.

Is it me or is the Super Bowl starting to look the same each year? Same sort of hype, same indoor fields, bad halftime shows and players covered in confetti at the end holding up the trophy. Spice it up a bit!!! >>

I think there is some talk that New York City will get a Super Bowl sometime in the future when a new
    Jets or Giants stadium is built. Cold weather climate but NYC does not lack for places to go and things
    to do that is for sure.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Park a few cruise ships in Lake Michigan for the Press and people to rent for a week if it isn't frozen over. I bet the cruise lines would love the publicity. >>

They tried that in JAX since there were insufficent hotel rooms....

Let's put it this way, there will not be another Super Bowl in Jacksonville anytime soon.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a suggestion.

Push back the date of the Superbowl by a few weeks (extend the regular season to 18 games and add an additional round of playoffs (24 teams instead of 12 with 16 teams playing the first week and 8 teams with a bye) so that it coincides with college "Springbreak" activities. Have the game played in Florida. Have the teams show up for practice the week before the game and rotate the practice locations from one Springbreak hotspot to another. Have the practices on the beach from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm. Have the college kids attend the practices in their beachwear. After practice have the players smooze on the beach and have MTV broadcast live "Superbowl/Springbreak 2007". At night, take the MTV cameras (along with GGW cameras) to all of the clubs for live broadcasts of the players and college kids having a "Party"

A ratings hit, do you think?
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Message to Tank Johnson...stay in your room and away from guns! He shouldn't even be playing in the game, anyway, but that's a separate matter... >>

If he had just about any other job besides pro sports, he wouldn't have a JOB, let alone the question about whether or not he could cross state lines to do that job.