Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Tag for YN's?

Has anybody thought about starting a tag for YN's? If anybody with experience would want to put one together, I know my 10-year-old daughter would love to be in it. Keeping in mind, this would have to be governed pretty good by somebody that knows what they are doing, and I guess also have more low end coins (mainly since we don't have high end cash to spend on coins). A lot of raw copper, nickel, clad, some silver, spot silver, maybe even some real low-end graded stuff. If anybody has enough of that kind of stuff, and a YN and would want to start it, it might be pretty cool.

Rob

I believe I would start it, but having never been involved in one I don't think I could pull it off, plus we don't have a lot of coins to begin with.
4/92
4/123
-----------
Invested $216.76
Return on Investment $0.68
Found but keeping $.15

Comments

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    why don't you join the "problem- junky tag and let her pick sumthing out

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    I thought about it, but I wasn't thinking as much as problem coins as I was low-end circulated stuff. Or maybe just coins that are nice coins but aren't worth a whole lot. The type of coins that is affordable now mainly because they don't have much potential for being worth much more down the road. The stuff that usually is overpriced at flea markets or second-rate dealers or stuck in back at reputable dealers because their clientele are usually looking for better coins than a ’52 EF-40 Washington Quarter. They end up in the hands of "collectors" like my daughter that thinks an AU-50 Jefferson Nickel any year older than 1960 is a pretty nice looking coin.

Maybe most YN's associated with this board are beyond that point and have progressed to the point of (for a lack of better words) "investment collecting", I don't know. I just thought it would be neat to get a tag going strictly for the YN's.

That being said, maybe I will try to join the problem and junky coin tag. See how they work and then try to start a YN Tag a little later.

Thanks.
    4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Return on Investment $0.68
    Found but keeping $.15
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I have a 'virtual' tag going with lots of low end graded coins.
    YN are welcome if they agree to the rules.
    Contract info required, parents participation welcome. image
  • Options
    walkerminus1, turn on your pm function.