Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Will somebody please KILL the "I personally believe......" thread!!!!!!!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on, am I the only person out here that is sick and freaking tired of a 800 plus thread on why or why not does PCGS want to put SF coins or MS coins in our sets.

In the grand sceam of things it is about as important as what? I can't even think of anything that unimportant to compare it to.

For the sake of humanity...................................please let it die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I for one, and many many more think the SF coins being put into our uncirculated sets is bogus.
    Not just Roosevelt collectors, but every series has people that think the same way. These coins are different from business strike, are not issued as business strike, have a different number than business strikes. But there they are, pushing the "true business strike coins aside in the sets.
    We just want a fair footing for our coins to compete with SATIN FINISH.
    As to your other statement, I agree that the "I believe" thread has outlived it's usefulness. On the other hand, looking back through it gives you an insite into other peoples ways of looking at the problem.
    Dan
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    I am only on message 432, and I need to catch up
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

• Options
    I hate to say it, but you may have just accidently started another long thread on the subject.
  • Options
    image Dan - as long as PCGS keeps putting it's head in the sand about this the longer it should stay as a reminder that us true Circ collectors have made a stand and are tired of putting up with competing against dime a dozen SF 68's or 69's. Put these coins in a mint set were they belong.

Danh
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    I think everyone is right here. The thread has outlived it's usefulness. But it will not go away until the problem
    is corrected. The natives have been restless for 2 years on this issue. Please PCGS, let the natives rest. My
    business strikes still need an exclusive home.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    oooooh...because it's about satin finish.....I thought because it wasn't dime related image

Maybe it would be more acceptable if they edited the "quarters" out of the title image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just print the Readers' Digest Condensed version...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently sent in a submission on Dec. 5th and I sent in a 2005-P, 2006-P & 2006-D. They are BS Dimes. I searched through countless rolls to find them. I have all 4 SF Dimes for 05/06 and wanted to get them in my set as "True Business Strike Coins"

PCGS slabbed them as Satin Finish. Now I received the coins and they were graded dead on to what I though that I would get. The only problem is that they did not put them in BS holders. I just today (How Ironic is that!) sent them back to PCGS for "Mechanical error".

This unfortunately is a continuing problem and will be for years as long as the Mint puts out SF Mint sets. Dan60 said it best when he said we need a home for both coins. I have since found my home and thats in the Showcase catagory. Thats where they will stay until then.

Since this is a problem, I believe that the "I personally believe" thread should and will stay.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the thread should stay until PCGS settles the matter. It is important. It only may seem less important because of elapsed time, but wasted time doesn't make it less important or lessen its legitimacy. Many people have tried very hard to work with PCGS, and PCGS has not responded fairly, by either providing a decision or updates as to what may be needed to make a decision. If it is not important to a single person, they can always ignore the thread. I can respect a person's opinion, that they personally believe that the 800+ post should be killed. I personally believe that it should remain until there is an answer. I also personally believe that adding an additional thread to discuss the merits of the original thread may be a good thing. Maybe this thread will be the one that finally triggers some deserved attention.
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd have to go with just put SF coins in with the proof and SMS coins. Keep circulation strikes just that.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Wundergeld could help if he deleted the title.
  • Options
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I deleted the title someone else would complain that the title was deleted.

I have not posted to the thread in some time. On top of that whatever I felt a year or so ago might not even be the case a year or so later. Circumstances change. Then was then and now is now. I agree that the thread is stale. But, as you can tell, I have not been TTT the thread, so it lives on.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If I deleted the title someone else would complain that the title was deleted.

I have not posted to the thread in some time. On top of that whatever I felt a year or so ago might not even be the case a year or so later. Circumstances change. Then was then and now is now. I agree that the thread is stale. But, as you can tell, I have not been TTT the thread, so it lives on.

Wondercoin >>

How about editing it to lower case letters then? Then it would not SHOUT OUT at you every time somemone ttt's it.
  • Options

<< <i>I have not posted to the thread in some time. On top of that whatever I felt a year or so ago might not even be the case a year or so later. Circumstances change. Then was then and now is now. >>

Sounds like you might not personally believe any more,

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sounds like you might not personally believe any more. >>

I believe that PCGS will do the right thing this year. I have a good feeling about it.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe that PCGS will do the right thing this year. >>

As "leader in the industry" I would hope and trust that PCGS would do the right thing, take it upon themselves to establish a precedence and make a decision. If there is a best way to "kill the thread", that would be it.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I think we all KNOW PCGS will set this straight sooner or later. Thats what makes them "The King Of Coins". It's just the waiting and not knowing that eats at me. Has anyone put this question to them at any of the coin shows? If so, I'm sure there are many like me that would love to know the reply that came from them.
    Either way, I started a uncirculated set years ago, and will continue using business strikes in it. Not to say I won't, from time to time, switch to my SF's. This just to show the unfaithful above me that I can run up the ladder with low cost high grade coins just like they have. image

Dan
  • Options
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    <<Will somebody please KILL the "I personally believe......" thread!!!!!!!!>>

Maybe after it hits 1000 image
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know what SF means???
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satin Finish refer to the process of sand balsting the Dies. That the mint did to the mint set dies to make the coins take on Satin Finish. Normal business stike dies do not have this process in there manufacture.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I sure would like those imagemore if did not involve so much money.image
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Not familiar with the issue at hand but could it be that graders have a difficult time telling the difference?