Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

National / Wayte Raymond Albums

NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi All,
I'm looking for rec.'s . My son and I are "doing" a type set. The 7070 is nice, though I always will remember and long for this old type holder. Does anyone know where a type set holder, including gold, can be found? Where should I search? I would post this on the BST though it would get lost in a hurry. Thanks in advance for any replies.

K

Comments

• Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    No Gold and no binders, but you can get the old pages for some of the type coins here Link
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this website!
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the old binders for the small pages worth much?
    Larry

• Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Well, all the people buying just the pages would probably also like the Binder. If the Binders aren't cracked they are worth more than the pages.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really wild. Not so many years ago these were considered just junk.
    It would be really cool to have a type set in this type of album.image
    Larry

• Options

<< <i>Are the old binders for the small pages worth much? >>

I agree with Mrspud image

I paid $67.00 for the last one I purchased on eBay. The Walking Liberty binder and pages were in great shape.
  • Options
    Thank you Mr. Spud! Any more info or advice would be very welcome. Anyone have a small size binder or three for sale?

K
  • Options
    410a410a Posts: 1,325
    Walking through an "antique shop" in Somerville NJ I got an Indian cent holder with pages in excellent condition for the sum of, price as marked, eight dollars. AKA US small cents 1857 to 1951 D.
  • Options
    Hate to let this thread go. I vividly remember buying a type set with gold, in a National Album, at a show many years ago when I was a teen. My 6 year old son and I are working on a type set now for him. Would LOVE to get this holder. K
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until you find your type set holder, maybe you could use the 3 x 5-coin year set pages to house a large portion of a type set

they hold a small cent, nickel, dime, quarter, and half.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Thanks for the reply Baley. Your 7070 is killer and I enjoy your posts. You should post more!

"He" is beyond that .... likes the $3 gold he picked out ( "it's funny because it's THREE dollars" ), etc. The 7070 extra page does not offer that. And then there is dad ..... who funds this and loves coins and history.

K
  • Options
    Thanks Nic

Well, how about Whitman then, in your search for the old Wayte set maybe include the old 2-volume type set, it has all the tough early types

and I think they made an advanced gold type set book that had them all, too, i'm sure it includes the $3, so it would be a 3-volume set

though if you do find more than one of the wayte type sets, I'd be a buyer, too image

• Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    SSP: I have two Wayte-Raymond albums for Morgan Dollars that I will put up for best offer.

Please make offer for one, or both. I wouldn't mind keeping one for toning.

PM me if interested...
  • Options
    Thanks all,
    TTT. Must be some out there.
    Baley ... maybe ... hate to do it but the new intercepts may offer more in gold.
    JZR, pm sent.
    K
  • Options
    image.

Anyone with just some great condition small size binders?

K
  • Options
    I am a fan of these. Lovely way to store coins!
  • Options

So, how is your son's type set coming along, and what album did you guys end up using?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file