Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

I.S.O. 1984 Topps #470 Nolan Ryan PSA 10 - FOUND!!!!

Hello,

This is my first post on these forums. I have been an avid collector of baseball cards since I was 7 year old boy when my mother would take me to the store. I would always want a couple of wax packs or a rack pack image Now I have moved from raw card collection to having my collection graded as well as putting together a couple of psa graded sets. Thank you all for having me here and for reading this.

I am in search of a 1984 Topps #470 Nolan Ryan card graded PSA 10. I don't have much to trade for this card right now. I rather just buy it out right through paypal. credit card, money order, or personal check. This card is not really rare. There are currently 46 PSA 10s in PSA's population report on this card. If anyone here is willing to part with the card please send me a pm with a reasonable price and we can go from there.

Thank you again for having me here and for your time.

Tim

Comments

• Welcome Tim.

Lots of good knowledgeable people here.

Dave D.
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Hi Dave!

Thank you for the welcome post image

Tim
  • I wish I had one to sell or trade you... but let me welcome you anyway! image

Also, I just want to warn you that "This card is not really rare" doesn't apply in the realm of PSA graded Nolan Ryan cards -- I learned real quick that you can't apply that kind of logic to Nolan Ryan PSA 10's. Especially not in recent months.

The SMR says it's worth $100... but I haven't seen one on eBay in Aaages. Wouldn't surprise me if the next one goes on eBay for at least $150... a lot of people are paying whatever they need to in order to get those coveted Ryan 10's right now.

I hope you get one for a decent trade/buy... if and when you do, please post a scan of the card in the Ryan thread in the Set Registry forum, or in the Mail call thread... I bet it'd be a beauty.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
    mosaic

Hello! thank you for the welcome and thank you for your info. I did see one on ebay around 2 months ago and it sold for $49 on auction. I also saw an older post on these forums back in July 2006? on a 1984 Ryan PSA 10 that sold for $63. The one that sold for $49 I wanted but I didnt have the money for it at the time. I had just spent $71 on a 84 psa 10 Pete Rose card which to me was more rarer card to get since the pop on that card is and was only 27 now and at the time. If that makes sense? Well now I have funds for this card image I do hope I find one. I am willing to pay SMR $100 bucks for the card providing the card is absolutely perfect with no tiny bloches and tiny ink dots in the white border etc. etc. on front and back. I have seen some 84 PSA 10s that are kinda questionable in my opinion with these blotches and tiny ink dots on the white borders. Infact that 84 Pete Rose is a perfect example of what I mean. 84RosePSA10 If you view the link on the top left near the picture border you will see a tiny ink blotch image

I can over look these minor blemishes on the card but the more noticable the less value I feel the card is worth even with a psa 10 Gem Mint grade if that makes sense?

Thank you again,

Tim
    my last post prolly was a thread killer image Oh well.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Check out this auction for a 1984 PSA 9 Ed Vandeberg-#63. The only PSA 10 1984 Ryan to sell on ebay in the last 3 1/2 months went for 49.99.

Latest Auction Prices for: PSA 9

Date Auction Auction Link Price Extra
    11/21/06 eBay View Auction $113.50

• I have one. Contact me for details.
    Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! I am still looking for this card. please send me reasonable offers... thanks

Tim
  • Sounds to me even if PSA grades it a 10, you might still have a problem with it....

Keep checking Ebay....one might show up....

I have one that I would consider selling if you make a strong offer....must be higher than $100....
  • There is one on Ebay item number: 320081752869

Good luck
    Lenny
  • I think one of the Ryans you were referring to on E-bay may have been mine, I first had it listed in my E-bay store for a month or two for $95. Didnt get any takers so I put it up for auction, I cant remember the exact price it went for but the prices you quoted seemed about right. I sent a big sub in last year of 84 Topps and got back two or three Ryans that I sold here and there, Received a lot of 10's from that sub including 4 or 5 Henderson 10's. If you're looking to buy a few 84's in Psa 10 holders you may be better off buying a three box rack case and submitting. BBC Exchange sells them for $150, Its one of the better values out there in my opinion and you get a ton of cards and have a lot of fun. Good Luck in your Search.

Finally. I now have one imageimageimage

I scored it for under SMR which I was willing to pay. Someone requested I post it when I got it...

Here it is image

• calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    The wait is over , now its on to the next one. Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell