Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Your thoughts please.

]image

This card was rejected by PSA as a non holdered miscut submitted twice.Knowing this could it still generate any interest to any collector of a 59 topps set?This card is by far one of the toughest in the set.I would not hide this fact if I do try to sell it.
Hanebrink No Trade.Excuse my scan the edges are not choppy as shown on image.
I would like some opinions before deciding.
Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    hard to give an opinion....

your image makes the card appear to be perforated like a stamp......at least on my monitor.
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    The right edge is completely out of whack. Plus, it looks like a fairly significant diamond cut. I'm not surprised PSA rejected it.
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    The miscut is obvious on the right side.

Card would fit nicely into a raw set however.

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Looking at this scan it is definetly apparent that it is miscut.In its actual size I did not notice it till I got it back from PSA the second time.
    I purchased it on Ebay about 4 years ago and paid way too much for it.Unfortuantley I was not into Professionaly graded cards at the time.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    You could get it authenticated, no grade. I'm not familiar with the card, but if it will help it sell, its worth the money grading it.
  • Options
    Just trim it up a bit and resubmit, that usually will do the trick!image
  • Options
    59er:

It is my experience with PSA that miscut has nothing to do with diamond cut. It has to do with either the minimum size requirements of the card, or, if you hold the card against a stack of other raw 59 cards, the cut is not square with these other cards.

I had a 57 card that came back twice...first for evid of trim and then the second time for miscut. I matched it up with other 57s and just couldn't figure out what was the problem. It also definitely wasn't trimmed as it had no smooth sides under magnification. So I sent it in a third time and it got an 8.

Just hard to figure. I guess it just depends on the grader's professional interpretation, time of the year, and/or hour of the day. I would suggest putting it in a box and forgetting about it, and then resubmitting just before the National next August.

AZ
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    There are alot of collectors out there who still collect RAW...........My 59 set is raw................I think I paid about $30 for my example about 3 years ago.......Yours is better centered, mine is not ..
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    Sometimes if the card is to big to fit the holder/ oversized card instead of undersized (min size reg) it will get a miscut label, it looks to me left to right is larger in width than other 59's check it with a couple other 59's.