Home Metal Detecting
Options

My Dec outing with Lordmarcovan

I drove down one night on a whim... we were on the phone around 9pm or so, and decided to just go for it. 2 hour drive, got started around midnight or so if memory serves me correctly.

Posted by lordmarcovan

" Well, my visitor tonight (30AnvZ28) just came and dug something very nice here.

I think your fob is still safely in the lead, but he dug a really cool 1927 Brunswick, Ga Licensed Chauffer badge (#114). I will have to find out who was issued that badge. I'm envious- have never found one. And the earliest dog tag (I mean it literally this time, as in rabies vaccination tag) I have found was dated 1946."

" Apparently that traffic island I took William to last night is a fertile training ground for newbie detectorists. That's twice I've gotten outdone on my own turf. "

Here she is...

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that. image

Finally. image

Y'know, I just tried the "hot peroxide" trick for the first time. I took some hydrogen peroxide, heated it near the boiling point in the microwave, and plunked a dug Wheatie in there. It fizzed and fizzed and fizzed, just like an electrolysis rig would've. I'll let you know how that goes. Pretty well, I think. Some of my relic buddies swear by the method. Anyway, perhaps you could try it on that badge.

I don't think anyone is heating the actual relics in the microwave, obviously- they just heat the peroxide and then plunk the relic into the stuff.

Gimme a call sometime when you wanna come back down.

Or if you somehow miraculously got permission to detect at that you-know-where site up near you, then I'm callin' in sick to work and headin' up there right now! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I was REALLY considering it for tonight... but I think weather will get the best of me. I dont even know who I would have to contact for said site. I will see what I can come up with.
  • Options
    Cool badge!

I am as envious as LM. I'd love to find one.

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I agree. Very cool find!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put your badge in January's Relic category. Technically it was found in December, but since you didn't have a picture until now I'm sure it's okay to put it in this month's competition.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.