Home Sports Talk
Options

Anybody surprised Samardzija chose baseball?

gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
over football. I am surprised personally. Good for him, though.

Comments

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I was surprised until I saw the amount of money the Cubs offered.

Then I would've been surprised if he had turned it down.

They say he can throw mid to upper 90's.....that sounds better than going over the middle and getting smoked by a linebacker.

But that's just me.

shawn
  • Options
    I had no idea he played baseball; he's obviously talented. I'd be scared to death to pitch for the Cubs; I'd wake up each morning wondering how I'm going to get hurt...
  • Options
    Surprised? No. Talk is that his stock was dropping on the NFL draft with all those underclassmen receivers coming out. He may have been a 3rd rounder at best and wouldn't have gotten the coin the Cubs threw at him.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i> They say he can throw mid to upper 90's.....that sounds better than going over the middle and getting smoked by a linebacker. >>

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options

<< <i>Surprised? No. Talk is that his stock was dropping on the NFL draft with all those underclassmen receivers coming out. He may have been a 3rd rounder at best and wouldn't have gotten the coin the Cubs threw at him. >>

He was ranked the 3rd best wr in the draft...

He took the guarnteed 12 mill... Smart move.
  • Options

<< <i>He was ranked the 3rd best wr in the draft... >>

I guess that helps your boy Dwayne Jarrett since he'll move up now.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Surprised? No. Talk is that his stock was dropping on the NFL draft with all those underclassmen receivers coming out. He may have been a 3rd rounder at best and wouldn't have gotten the coin the Cubs threw at him. >>

This had nothing to do with what round he he was going to be drafted in. He has always loved baseball more than football and grew an hour away from Chicago. He had a 2.7 era in the minors last summer is some brief appearances and was clocked in the mid-nineties on his fastball. He lives just a few miles from me and have watched him compete in baseball and football against the local teams. Sometimes the simplest and more logical answer is the right one instead of "the talk".

I can remember Lemmings so-called talk when ND offered him. His take was that he might be a 3 star player at best. So much for talk, walk the walk and he did. He's a good level-headed kid.
  • Options

You need to watch more football, because you don't know what you're talking about. He was a first rounder. He chose what he wanted to do, more power to him.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

You need to watch more football, because you don't know what you're talking about. He was a first rounder. He chose what he wanted to do, more power to him. >>

Heh, you really think watching more football would help?