Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Trueview Image Upload Question

A couple of days ago I manually uploaded the "medium" size Trueview images (and deleted the small) into my inventory of Registry coins. Completed the task and checked that evrything was OK. Next morning the system has automatically uploaded the small images overnight and I have 2 (both the small and medium) images showing on each of my coins that have Trueview. I went in and manually removed the smaller images again. The next morning the smaller images have been automatically uploaded again. How do I get the system to STOP uploading the smaller images?? HELP?

This problem has been solved/corrected. Please read new image problem below. Thanks, CCG

Comments

• I had the same thing happen to a couple of my coins. I think what is happening is that the new system automatically uploads the photos that match your coin. You should go in and delete the TrueView photos that YOU personally uploaded.

One feature that PCGS should have is that you can control which version of the photo that you want to appear. In my experience, I think most of mine are the medium size version.
  • BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Hi guys,

We recently implemented an automatic upload of the large sized Trueview images. The system then automatically sizes the images. If you manually uploaded Trueview images and you have your preferences set to automoatically upload Trueview images, then you will end up with two images. Therefore, if you do not wish to use the auto upload feature and wish to continue to manually upload your images, go into your preferences and update the Trueview auto load feature to "No."

Thanks!
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • I just went in under "My Preferences" and found that this box was checked:

<< <i>Import TrueView images when adding my new items (Note: Checking this will also import TrueView for existing Items) >>

I unchecked the box and again deleted the smaller images.

Your right Ellewood, they should give us an option as to which size image to be automatically uploaded.
  • Thanks for the response BJ.

<< <i>We recently implemented an automatic upload of the large sized Trueview images. >>

This has been the last 2 days and the system is uploading the small images in my case - not the large images. Why?
    Are you telling me that if I delete all the Trueview images that I have manually uploaded, then switch on the automatic update button, that the system will automatically upload the large images overnight? I'd love that!!
  • Help BJ - Even with the

<< <i>Import TrueView images when adding my new items (Note: Checking this will also import TrueView for existing Items) >>

turned off, it still uploaded the small images automatically last night!!! What do I do?? I want the medium or larger images only.
  • BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Some of the very earliest large sized Trueview images were originally not placed in the database that V2 pulls from. They are being imported this weekend to that database. Once there, the programmers will run a fix to stop the small images from loading. Give us until the middle of the week to get this all set up and you should have no further problems. To be sure, I'll check your sets when I know the process has run.

Thanks for your patience.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    My TruView images are 800-403 so yesterday I deleted all of them. I just checked them and their the same size. Shouldn't they be larger than that?
  • Lee,
    BJ sent me a PM that they thought they had the situation corrected a couple of days ago. I deleted the ones I was having problems with. I reactivated the "automatic upload" feature in my preferences and everything is now working properly for me. It has automatically been uploading the large image. I even had 3 new coins that I entered yesterday upload last night with no problems. I'm sorry, but I don't know what 800-403 means. The ones that uploaded last night are here in my low grade set in you want to check size. link to low grade Morgans
    Thanks Jimmy for your reply. The numbers I listed are the pixel size of the pic's. My large TruView pics are 2200 X 1110 pixels. So you see that 800 X 403 are much smaller than the large size TruView pic that should be used in our Registry Set's. I checked yours and thier also 800 X 403 pixels.
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Jimmy for your reply. The numbers I listed are the pixel size of the pic's. My large TruView pics are 2200 X 1110 pixels. So you see that 800 X 403 are much smaller than the large size TruView pic that should be used in our Registry Set's. I checked yours and thier also 800 X 403 pixels. >>

The software resizes the image to the maximum acceptable by the system. This reduced size is slightly smaller than the medium sized True View image [I'd like them to up the size to exactly the medium size as it's perfect for viewing coins]. The large size [huge] can be viewed only by clicking on the + icon in the set owner's coin album. Perhaps in later software versions, this feature will be easy to access from the sets.

<< <i>The software resizes the image to the maximum acceptable by the system. This reduced size is slightly smaller than the medium sized True View image [I'd like them to up the size to exactly the medium size as it's perfect for viewing coins]. The large size [huge] can be viewed only by clicking on the + icon in the set owner's coin album. Perhaps in later software versions, this feature will be easy to access from the sets. >>

Thanks for the info TDN.image
  • mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a problem with my regitry set photo being duplicated. It happened that over 7000 pictures have beed added to my registry set. There a duplicates in the hundreds. If e-mail PCGS and it seems as if it us fixed now. I will find out for sure when I add the coins I deleted on Friday.
  • The Trueview image of my 71 CC Seated Half in my Registry Set disappeared sometime in the last couple of days. Out of about 40 Trueview images in my set, only 1 disappeared?? I have the automatic upload option checked. I wonder where it went??????

<< <i>The Trueview image of my 71 CC Seated Half in my Registry Set disappeared sometime in the last couple of days. Out of about 40 Trueview images in my set, only 1 disappeared?? I have the automatic upload option checked. I wonder where it went?????? >>

I had about 7 coins not show up. In each instance, something was screwy with the cert number I had entered. First thing to check is the cert number in the registry matches the cert number on the True View.
  • TDN, Thanks for the suggestion. Cert # 10564125 checks out OK in the "Cert Verification" and the Trueview image shows up there. I'll give it a few days and see if it reappears.
  • OK, I give up. I can't figure this one out. As I previously mentioned:

<< <i>The Trueview image of my 71 CC Seated Half in my Registry Set disappeared sometime in the last couple of days. Out of about 40 Trueview images in my set, only 1 disappeared?? I have the automatic upload option checked. >>

This coin has a Trueview image. It disappeared a little over a week ago. All other images, both Trueview and non-Trueview, are OK. I have manually uploaded the Trueview image 3 times this week and it disappears overnight. It has never automatically uploaded since it first disappeared several days ago.

Any ideas?? Thanks, CCG

Any ideas?? Thanks, CCG

None that don't start with cutting the head off a chicken.... image

• << <i>None that don't start with cutting the head off a chicken >>

Tried that, problem remains, really pizzed off the chicken! image
    Could be worse .... at least you've got dinner handy now. image