Home Q & A Forum

So I got 2 DNC's on my first crossover - but what are PCGS's grades?

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
I recently got the results on my first try at a PCGS crossover submission, and had two "DNC"s, which was two NGC graded coins did not cross at AU58 - a very tough grade to get at PCGS. I specified that grade as the minimum grade, and did not get it. But, why won't PCGS tell me their opinion as to the grade? For example, I may be willing to accept an AU55, but not a 53.

And, if I get a DNC, does that mean PCGS would encapsulate the coin - but only at a lower grade?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• << <i>I recently got the results on my first try at a PCGS crossover submission, and had two "DNC"s, which was two NGC graded coins did not cross at AU58 - a very tough grade to get at PCGS. I specified that grade as the minimum grade, and did not get it. But, why won't PCGS tell me their opinion as to the grade? For example, I may be willing to accept an AU55, but not a 53.

And, if I get a DNC, does that mean PCGS would encapsulate the coin - but only at a lower grade? >>

Hi Claychaser,

We are considering revealing grading opinions on coins that do not cross. We perceive a big demand for this information.

However, it's important to note that DNC grades are subject to change in the verification process, so there will be an occasional coin that still won't make the DNC grade.

DNC does not mean we will encapsulate the coin at a lower grade. There are many instances that we reject crossovers because of cleaning or other problems.
    Ron Guth
    President
    PCGS CoinFacts - the Internet Encyclopedia of U.S. Coins
    www.CoinFacts.com