Home Sports Talk
Options

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS ARE IN THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

People, as a lifelong resident of this State, after watching a lot of heartbreak for 40 years, after Hurricane Katrina literally destroyed this beautiful Historic City....FINALLY, THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS ARE GOING TO THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP AND I SAY THEY WIN IT ALL!! image

Comments

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>SOMEBODY CELEBRATE WITH ME!! >>

Sure. Go Saints!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭
    WHO DAT!
    imageimageimageimageimage
    Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Options
    "How many in your Party, sir?"

"Table for 4 please."

Thanx guys, you're good sports. It DOES mean somethin' special to me

and I appreciate you partaking with me! image
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I'm very glad for the Saints. I hope they do well, very well. I also , for the sake of the city , hope they bring in the ANIMAL TAMERS or the scum removers to rid the city of the plague that's giving your great city a bad image. These are the same low lifes ,that sat back and did nothing ,with a horrible storm bearing down, except wait for someone else to do it for them. If these people cared about anyone else except them selves, there would've never as many problems after Katrina or now.

In 1989, after the eartquake during the world series , reports and picture of the locals looting the dead or dieing people trapped under the collapsed ramps was chilling. It only shows what these people are about. Can't get up or show up for work, but lets go loot some stores or bodies. The only thing more sickening than that , are the people that continuely make excuses for these (whatever you want to call them) . Whats even sadder is that we are ALWAYS asked to turn our eyes from their deeds, which comes from their hearts, and somehow feel sorry for them and not their victims.

The city of New Orleans rises from this great tragedy, to get back into life again. They are to be applauded. Their football team is sybolic of this rise. WORKING HARD ,making the best moves ,at the best time, for the TEAM and CITY. As the twig is bent , so grows the tree. PLEASE New Orleans deal with the problems. You'll never believe what great things that can occur, or just possible you do.

Good luck on your drive to the Super Bowl.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    When the Lions aren't in the playoffs (lol), I generally root for the underdog or a team that hasn't been there before. Thus, Go Saints image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm very glad for the Saints. I hope they do well, very well. I also , for the sake of the city , hope they bring in the ANIMAL TAMERS or the scum removers to rid the city of the plague that's giving your great city a bad image. These are the same low lifes ,that sat back and did nothing ,with a horrible storm bearing down, except wait for someone else to do it for them. If these people cared about anyone else except them selves, there would've never as many problems after Katrina or now.

In 1989, after the eartquake during the world series , reports and picture of the locals looting the dead or dieing people trapped under the collapsed ramps was chilling. It only shows what these people are about. Can't get up or show up for work, but lets go loot some stores or bodies. The only thing more sickening than that , are the people that continuely make excuses for these (whatever you want to call them) . Whats even sadder is that we are ALWAYS asked to turn our eyes from their deeds, which comes from their hearts, and somehow feel sorry for them and not their victims.

The city of New Orleans rises from this great tragedy, to get back into life again. They are to be applauded. Their football team is sybolic of this rise. WORKING HARD ,making the best moves ,at the best time, for the TEAM and CITY. As the twig is bent , so grows the tree. PLEASE New Orleans deal with the problems. You'll never believe what great things that can occur, or just possible you do.

Good luck on your drive to the Super Bowl. >>

I've heard that black people will even snatch your children from your side and eat them right in front of you.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm very glad for the Saints. I hope they do well, very well. I also , for the sake of the city , hope they bring in the ANIMAL TAMERS or the scum removers to rid the city of the plague that's giving your great city a bad image. These are the same low lifes ,that sat back and did nothing ,with a horrible storm bearing down, except wait for someone else to do it for them. If these people cared about anyone else except them selves, there would've never as many problems after Katrina or now.

I've heard that black people will even snatch your children from your side and eat them right in front of you. >>

Where did he say black people?
  • Options
    No offense I hope somebody trims the Bush down to sizeimage
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

And that's all I got to say about that.

Congrats Saints.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sunday January 14, 2007 9:18 AM (NEW!)

Subscribe to this thread Email this thread to someone User is offline View users profile Send user a private message View thread in raw text format

<<

<< I'm very glad for the Saints. I hope they do well, very well. I also , for the sake of the city , hope they bring in the ANIMAL TAMERS or the scum removers to rid the city of the plague that's giving your great city a bad image. These are the same low lifes ,that sat back and did nothing ,with a horrible storm bearing down, except wait for someone else to do it for them. If these people cared about anyone else except them selves, there would've never as many problems after Katrina or now.

I've heard that black people will even snatch your children from your side and eat them right in front of you. >>

It was quite apparent (to me, at least, and I'd imagine most others, too) to whom he is referring.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I'm not referring to just blacks as the images ( either white , black or hispanic ) out of New Orleans contained some pretty bad scenes that was brought on by whats pretty apparent " institutionalized helplessness or stupidity ". What 's on the news lately in New Orleans , is the same when ever there a major disaster, or major storm(winter or summer ). The question as to why , always begs an answer. Any time people turn a crime issue into a race issue ( must never address it as a cultural issue ) can always put up with others people being robbed, raped or killed, as long as the issue of crime is not addressed. They can stomach easily , others being crapped on, as long as its someone else , if their agenda is promoted. I live in Baltimore , one of the top murder places in the US. we have gangs around ,of different backgrounds, that pesent a serious threat . Crime is on the increase and my FAMILY have a right , to have those that can't function in society, taken care of. I have a responsibilty to both protect my wife and children as well as my home. It's scarey to think that there's actually people that believe that I don't have a right to protect my family, and in turn believe that others have a right to loot my house or buisness. THE ONLY THING THAT EVIL PEOPLE NEED IN ORDER TO SUCCEED , IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING.
    With the news out of New Orleans, not good of late , I think its great that there are people there that are begging the leaders to do something about something that affects their very existense. How many people must be killed or robbed or harmed before the LIBS say enough is enough. Using a sick comparison , if it were anybody else causing a disproportional amont of the problems, the LIBS would HOWL.

The bottom line is that I think that the Saints sorta represents what is good in New Orleans. I and the Saints , understand the value of hard work and proper desisions, and how it affects our lives. To see the disturbing news lately and realize that there's people out there that think that murder and crime ( in whatever race dishes it out) is good for New Orleans and must not be dealt with , because its a RACE issue, only tells me that they really are not that far removed from the mobs and looters and murderers in their hearts. Why is it wrong to say , we need to address this?

GO SAINTS , GIVE THE CITY SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    [ibecause its a RACE issue, only tells me that they really are not that far removed from the mobs and looters and murderers in their hearts. Why is it wrong to say , we need to address this?
    ]

That is a ridiculous and ignorant statement. If you want to spew racist commentary, please don't do so on a sports talk board. Most people don't want to hear that garbage here.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    The Bard is spinning in his grave.
  • Options

<< <i><< I'm very glad for the Saints. I hope they do well, very well. I also , for the sake of the city , hope they bring in the ANIMAL TAMERS or the scum removers to rid the city of the plague that's giving your great city a bad image. These are the same low lifes ,that sat back and did nothing ,with a horrible storm bearing down, except wait for someone else to do it for them. If these people cared about anyone else except them selves, there would've never as many problems after Katrina or now.

It was quite apparent (to me, at least, and I'd imagine most others, too) to whom he is referring. >>

I was creating an opportunity for him to expand on his statement, but he obviously was not looking for one judging by his response.

The idiots doing harm in New Orleans are of many different races. Further, the damage was heightened down there by the lack of response time by our government. Had our government responded more quickly, much of the looting and other criminal behavior would have been detered. That whole situation down there was mishandled from the start.
  • Options
    Well I guess I have read enough. Here is my view based on experience in dealing with these situations for over a decade, sometimes arriving on scene within hours of tornadoes, plane crashes etc., or being deployed in the path of approaching hurricanes to ride it out and begin work just after the wind stops blowing.

1. All state and local governments are charged with developing emergency plans which will enable them to support themselves for a minimum of 72 hours after a natural or man made disaster. This requires assessing the possible hazards, the impact and the vulnerabilities within the community. The shortfalls are then addressed by pooling resources from surrounding towns, cities, counties and states. The first response is local, the planning responsibility is local, and the recovery is local. See a pattern here? The federal government does not march in and take over. They assist while the locals come back up to speed. The locals always have control. If you have large segments of your population who cannot get out of town for whatever reason then you must provide for them. Give them a safe place to go or get them out of the way. In writing plans for my area of FL which has some similarities to New Orleans, I studied the New Orleans plans. Would you be surprised to hear that they did not follow their own advice? In addition personal responsibility is a family's first line of defense. Education on the hazards and preparing your homes and families is the key to quick recovery. The 72 hour rule applies here also. Some cannot prepare as much as others and therefore become part of the vulnerable population that local government must assist.

2. The premise that widespread looting, mayhem and general lawlessness prevails after a disaster is a myth. Many in the field have studied this and produced results that do not support the theory. Do people loot? Yes. Do people steal? Yes. Does race enter into the equation? No more than the demographic make up of the area. Do otherwise honest people become thieves? Usually not. Does media hype support the myth? Certainly. I have never personally witnessed this kind of behavior. Basically it comes down to this. Opportunists will take the opportunity. Honest people help each other. This is a great subject that has interested me for many years. Here's a link to a short study performed right after Katrina - Text

3. This has nothing to do with a football game other than the benefits for the people in that area. Let all of them enjoy it.

• Options
    I agree. The federal government is NOT the primary 1st responder. The citizens and local cities and towns, then the county and state, then finally the feds. We are going to be BARRAGED with post Katrina garbage that the left wants to continue, with the Championship game upon us. The last few weeks, the people of New Orleans have been begging for help with dealing with the crime, and murder and mayham.

Who are the victims here? Is it the people in the news there the last few weeks , screaming for help ? I think so. Why are we not trying to help them with their problem ? Sadly News Orleans wasn't even the hardest hit down there, by Katrina. Business's , home and lifes were lost.

Lets say my wife and 5 sons were driving somewhere and our car stalled on a railroad track, then we hear and later spot off in the distance a slow moving freight train coming down the tracks. Would we be considered victims or maybe a little lazy or a little stupid if we did not get out of the car ? If we stuck our heads out the window , instead of simply opening the door, what would that make us?

My point is this. There were truly SOME victims(the elderly, that could not move ) during the storm. There were a tremendous amount of property damage by the storm . There was also many businees and homes that were looted. Maybe the other so called victims were too lazy or stupid to get out of the way of this deadly storm, but ready to go a looting. There were people that were robbed or whatever, ThESE people were victims. The propaganda that is coming this week is going to be purposely misleading.

The Saints are playing in the Championship. That should be THE story. They didn't have a home for a while. They didn't have the financial fan base for a while. Yet they made discisions that were good, made a difference for themselves and their city. I'm from Baltimore and believe this is one of the MOST sussessfull rise from the ashes stories in my lifetime.I'm sure there are better storys that could really be said of New Orleans , especially on the human side .They need to be heard as well as they are a GREAT source of inspiration to all of us . For a team that didn't know IF they were going to be , or where they were going to be 2 years ago, in the sports world that should be the story this week. Lets see if their story gets hijacked or blindsided by the LEFT.

GO SAINTS
  • Options
    Sorry but I find it hard to agree with much of what you claim.

There is a general misconception that recovery happens quickly and anyone left after a certain period of time must be "too lazy or stupid" to coin your phrase.

It is much larger than that. Many factors lend to the thinking that people can put their lives togther fast, we want them to. We want to forget about what happened and get on with our lives. We do not want to think that this problem still exists. It's the cycle of belief that occurs after many disasters. The comment "Aren't they back to a normal life yet?" is common months or a year after. We want it to be over now. We categorize people and make generalizations.

Here are some numbers -

- there are currently over 100,000 FEMA trailers occupied across the Gulf Coast.

- tens of thousands of families are still scattered around the country, waiting to someday return home.

- permanent housing is non-existent or in short supply. "Economic looters" those opportunists who see the chance to make a bigger buck, raise rental rates or take this chance to sell their property to developers. The inventory of low and middle income housing is cut severely. Local governments cannot agree on how to rebuild. Billions of federal dollars are waiting to be spent. Insurance companies deny claims. Many were underinsured and must rely on federal low interest loan programs to make up the difference.

- in contrast after the 2004-05 hurricane seasons when four storms hit FL 17,000 trailers were occupied.

There are many many more families who need help and are honestly trying to recover. We don't have time yet to consider the less than 10% who may be taking advantage of the system.

It is just much much bigger than many people realize.
  • Options

<< <i>Lets say my wife and 5 sons were driving somewhere and our car stalled on a railroad track, then we hear and later spot off in the distance a slow moving freight train coming down the tracks. Would we be considered victims or maybe a little lazy or a little stupid if we did not get out of the car ? If we stuck our heads out the window , instead of simply opening the door, what would that make us? >>

Detritus cleaned from the human gene pool?

• Options

+1
  • Options

<< <i>I agree. The federal government is NOT the primary 1st responder. The citizens and local cities and towns, then the county and state, then finally the feds. We are going to be BARRAGED with post Katrina garbage that the left wants to continue, with the Championship game upon us. The last few weeks, the people of New Orleans have been begging for help with dealing with the crime, and murder and mayham.

Who are the victims here? Is it the people in the news there the last few weeks , screaming for help ? I think so. Why are we not trying to help them with their problem ? Sadly News Orleans wasn't even the hardest hit down there, by Katrina. Business's , home and lifes were lost.

Lets say my wife and 5 sons were driving somewhere and our car stalled on a railroad track, then we hear and later spot off in the distance a slow moving freight train coming down the tracks. Would we be considered victims or maybe a little lazy or a little stupid if we did not get out of the car ? If we stuck our heads out the window , instead of simply opening the door, what would that make us?

My point is this. There were truly SOME victims(the elderly, that could not move ) during the storm. There were a tremendous amount of property damage by the storm . There was also many businees and homes that were looted. Maybe the other so called victims were too lazy or stupid to get out of the way of this deadly storm, but ready to go a looting. There were people that were robbed or whatever, ThESE people were victims. The propaganda that is coming this week is going to be purposely misleading.

The Saints are playing in the Championship. That should be THE story. They didn't have a home for a while. They didn't have the financial fan base for a while. Yet they made discisions that were good, made a difference for themselves and their city. I'm from Baltimore and believe this is one of the MOST sussessfull rise from the ashes stories in my lifetime.I'm sure there are better storys that could really be said of New Orleans , especially on the human side .They need to be heard as well as they are a GREAT source of inspiration to all of us . For a team that didn't know IF they were going to be , or where they were going to be 2 years ago, in the sports world that should be the story this week. Lets see if their story gets hijacked or blindsided by the LEFT.

GO SAINTS >>

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, you really don't. I'm not trying to be rude, just honest.

Please stop attempting to discuss this because it's only making you look worse.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Thank you for not being rude as many use this as a last resort when they have nothing . I realize its never easy taking a position that is contrary to the statis quo. If we all thought alike it really would be a boring world. I've had some very tragic events in my life has resulted in great personal and property loss. I choose not to stay in the condition that was forced upon me. Its possible to make good thing happens, no matter how terrible life can be. We can ignore reality but reality will never ignore us.
    I do appreciate the fact that this forum is here , and that others actually read what others write. We may not agree, and we still have the right to disagree. Try marriage once, it happens often. Thanks again, I'll try to do better next time, Sonny
  • Options
    Since this is a sports talk forum, this will be my last post about this.

I have personally spent time with "Katrina refugees" (as they were called by the media)... I passed out blankets, gave them food, bought them coffee, and even got robbed by one.

I was going to write out this whole thing about the media, misconceptions, and such but nothing good can come of it. A few bad apples ruin the bunch and it really is a shame image

This thread is about the Saints and their fans.

Enjoy the moment, y'all truly deserve it image
  • Options
    Lets see if their story gets hijacked or blindsided by the LEFT.

That is a truly comical statement. There's no way you can separate the Saints from New Orleans, and the fact that one year ago the team didn't have a stadium to play in. That's a human interest story and to expect the media not to speak about that, after all the city, and Saints fans have been through, is just silly. This is not about politics. This is about a team that, like the city they hail from, was down and out a year ago (the Saints were a last place team in 2005), and the real story here is that the team, like the city, can bounce back and succeed in the face of adversity. There's no "left" wing agenda there, that's just the facts.

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>"How many in your Party, sir?"

"Table for 4 please."

Thanx guys, you're good sports. It DOES mean somethin' special to me

and I appreciate you partaking with me! image >>

U meen a "table fo fo"?

and git me a "table fo to" too, thanx!

rd

edit: P.S. Saints in Chi-Town for the "chip"? U'll need to put a "hex on rex" to win dat!

On a serious note, even though I think it will be the Bears on top, I think everyone in the Great State of Louisiana is proud of their team, considering what has happened since the 2005 hurricane season. Pretty special season for the Saints!
  • Options
    "Please stop attempting to discuss this because it's only making you look worse. "

Agreed.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    I hope reggie gets bush whacked again. Can we bring the fridge back to punce on Bush
  • Options
    HEY GUYS ... WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, I HAVE WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS AND WHILE GOING TO THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IS IN OF ITSELF A MONUMENTAL ACHIEVMENT FOR THIS FOOTBALL TEAM, FOR ME IT'S NOT ENOUGH.

CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THIS A FOOTBALL RELATED THREAD AND NOT SOME DEBATE REGARDING EVERYTHING BUT THE GAME OF FOOTBALL? THANX, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.