Home Sports Talk
Options

Eagles-Saints Omen?

My job requires a lot of travel. This week was no different, leaving Monday and getting home last night.

One of the rewards for being away so much is coming home to a stack of boxes and bubble mailers from Ebay sellers, etc. 59 Topps baseball is my passion.

A few months ago I sat down and wrote out some index cards for a bunch of NPNs. UD, Topps, Donruss/Playoff.

Last night there's an envelope from Playoff.

Now I'm kind of superstitious about sports. Call me nuts but it's just something I do. When the wife and I were in Philly for the Panthers game this year I bought a Mitchell and Ness 1980 Wilbert Montgomery Eagles jersey. Wore it along with a throwback hat. The team won and started their current streak of success. I have worn that jersey and hat every game day since. Didn't even wash the jersey yet. Yeah so I'm a little obsessive.

So, what was in the envelope?

A 2006 Absolute Memorabilia Rookie 400/999...

...Marques Frigging Colston.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly would not stress about it, The Eagles are going to the Super Bowl this year. Start stressing if they face the Patriots.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My job requires a lot of travel. This week was no different, leaving Monday and getting home last night.

One of the rewards for being away so much is coming home to a stack of boxes and bubble mailers from Ebay sellers, etc. 59 Topps baseball is my passion.

A few months ago I sat down and wrote out some index cards for a bunch of NPNs. UD, Topps, Donruss/Playoff.

Last night there's an envelope from Playoff.

Now I'm kind of superstitious about sports. Call me nuts but it's just something I do. When the wife and I were in Philly for the Panthers game this year I bought a Mitchell and Ness 1980 Wilbert Montgomery Eagles jersey. Wore it along with a throwback hat. The team won and started their current streak of success. I have worn that jersey and hat every game day since. Didn't even wash the jersey yet. Yeah so I'm a little obsessive.

So, what was in the envelope?

A 2006 Absolute Memorabilia Rookie 400/999...

...Marques Frigging Colston. >>

So it was a Saints player. So what! Means nothing! The Eagles are winning this football game today and will go on to beat the Bears next Sunday. Super Bowl here we come - ain't nothing gonna stop us!

Go Eagles!!!!!
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    your best remedy to get rid of this obvious New Orleans hex that has just been placed on you and your precious Eagles is to package it up nicely and mail it to me immediately. This will reverse the hex for future Eagle teams, but I still got a feeling the Saints are gonna win this one.
  • Options

<< <i>your best remedy to get rid of this obvious New Orleans hex that has just been placed on you and your precious Eagles is to package it up nicely and mail it to me immediately. This will reverse the hex for future Eagle teams, but I still got a feeling the Saints are gonna win this one. >>

Sure. 15 bucks for shipping. image

Found the answer though. Putting a torch to the card at kick off!!!!

With all the voodoo in and around the City of New Orleans it's bound to work. image

No sweat.

Eagles by four.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The Patriots are the only team I do not want the Eagles to see in the Super Bowl. The ONLY team.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Keith, look at it this way.

It was from PLAYOFF - not plural. Saints are one and done.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Colston-Shepard=butt kicking.

Thats what it means
  • Options

<< <i>Colston-Shepard=butt kicking.

Thats what it means >>

Wow, such wisdom from a fan of the team with a 0-6 division record.

Tell us some more about how the Sucs screwed the pooch against that powerhouse NFC South.

Sheppard was coming off of an injury in the first Saints game.

The team has played without him.
  • Options
    I heard Cadillac put his "one touchdown this season" ball on ebay and nobody bid the minimum of 99 cents.
  • Options

<< <i>I heard Cadillac put his "one touchdown this season" ball on ebay and nobody bid the minimum of 99 cents. >>

He should auto it with his new nickmname, "Mini Cooper."

Williams - "But coach my ankle hurts."

Gruden - "Shut up and play. You're our feature back. I'm not putting Alstott in."
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Keith, No problem! I think I just reversed your misfortunate Colston pull. While busting a box of 1993 Pro Set in serch of Emmitt I came across this.

Strange timing image

Its now official, the Eagles will win!

• Options
  • Options
    Damn, I just burned a $10 card!!! image

Thanks for the mojo Matt!! image
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    Ironhead was fun to watch. Hope tonight's game has more than just field goals.
  • Options

<< <i>Damn, I just burned a $10 card!!! image

Thanks for the mojo Matt!! image >>

Well worth it! Whatever brings out an Eagles win is worth it. I'm at my psychic spiritual advisor right now hoping through her crystal ball she can will an Eagles victory.

Go Eagles!!!!!