Home Autographs Forum
Options

1980 Chicago Cubs Baseball

Hello. When I was 10 years old, a family friend gave me a set of autographed baseballs from the 1980 Cubs and 1980 Pirates. Foolishly, a couple years later I took the Pirates ball out of the box and played with it until it was worn out. The 1980 Cubs ball though is still in brand new condition and still in the plastic bag and foam padded box it came in. I do not know anything about autographed baseballs and don't know the history behind this ball. The signatures look like they were actually signed with ink but I suppose this could be some type of reproduction or something that might have been sold at the ball park souvenir shop or something. The ball feels smooth - no indentations from the signatures and all the signatures seem to be done in the same color ink. Is there any kind soul who knows what to look for out there who could help me determine if this thing's worth more than a couple of bucks?

Thanks,

Larry
Humboldt, SK, Canada

Comments

• Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Hi Larry - I also have a Cubs team signed ball from around 1970.
    Forgot where I got it, but it is "auto" signed by some kind of
    repro sig machine. As with yours all the autos are of the same
    color, and I did not notice any indentations. I guess my baseball
    is worth a couple of $'s.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    Well, mine just sold last night on eBay for $114! I posted excellent photos and described the ball as accurately as I could without making any claims one way or another about it being an authentic item. Hopefully the buyer is happy with his purchase.

Thanks,

Larry
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    $114? Wow! Good for you.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭