Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS Presidential Review Question

Presidential Review
(For coins graded in last 30 days @ regular or higher service)

Has anyone one here ever used the Presidential Review to have a coin regraded? When you send in the coin for review, can you send in other information such as pictures or other coins of the same date / grade / mint mark in PCGS holders for comparison? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis

Comments

• Options
    I've used the service a couple of times with no success. No, don't send anything else in with the coin except a copy of the previous submission/invoice. It has to stand on its own merits. Someone else described the service to me as kinda like saying "Let me speak to your boss". I have better success with cracking it out and sending it back in on my next order.

Edited to add that I did get a nice David Hall autograph back with my last Presidential Review - "Coin has been cleaned and retoned, David Hall". Thought I'd try to sell it on Ebay! image
  • Options
    I have the same exact question as Dennis! (I want to send them my 73-s Lincoln along with all the other 67rd S's I have, or even borrowed ones from my customer friends). Someday soon I will call them up and ask them that.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Presidential review is NOT a judge by your peers kind of review. If it was, you would see a lot more "cases" being submitted.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Presidential review, a waste of time and money. This so-called service should be discontinued.
  • Options
    Why is it a waste of time and money?
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just crack it out and spend it.
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    The problem is a practical one. You have coins in PCGS holders from days past that are not as nice as the coins you are holding, but that does not play a factor in the presidential review. Your coin is graded by the standards now in place, which are tougher. We see it a lot with Morgan prooflikes. Many would have made dmpl in the past, and many pls in newer holders have better mirrors than ones in the older holders.

If you are trying to upgrade based on other coins you've seen that are not as nice, you are probably out of luck.

One thing you can do, however, is if you have one of those coins graded from the past, sent it in on the guaranty -- chances are it may not be as good as the slabbed grade, but I think most just prefer to sell it at the higher grade, regardless of the coin's appearance.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    Why is it a waste of time and money? This conclusion comes from experience.

• Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    I had ONE PR go in my favor.

Since then I haven't won a single challenge. Maybe I spent my one. image