Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The most Amazing Reverse Toned Morgan (PCGS) I have ever seen (not my coin)...

2»

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is the Reverse shown on the label side of the slab? All I have seen have the obverse to the front. Cheers, RickO >>

Actually the last time I submitted toned Morgans to PCGS maybe a year ago or so I think about half came back slabbed reverse up and I didn't even ask for them to be holdered that way. Maybe the guy/gal/person running the sealer had a good night the night before. image Next time I have em back home I'll try to get some pix.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Nice NT reverse....sweet coin.

• Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dizzy, I personally don't care that much for the the psychedelic-like rainbow toned coins, but that Seated Quarter that's in your posts is one of the most gorgeous, subtle yet boldly toned coins that I've ever seen (not to mention the grade)! Talk about a show-stopper; Wow!!
    Let me catch my breath a minute! image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any guesses on the final price? I'll say $940.00.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    Holy friggin Cow that Morgan is HOTimage
    Johnathan German
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any guesses on the final price? I'll say $940.00. >>

$1,550
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the rumors of the demise of huge premiums for toners were premature. This one is already bid up to a dozen times sheet value.
  • Options
    So much contrast used in that picture it makes my teeth hurt!
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The most Amazing Reverse Toned Morgan (PCGS) I have ever seen...

Doug >>

Not me. image

It does look like a nice coin though.

What gets me is the 10% restocking fee. With a coin of this sort that can easily mean a bath of over $100 if you don't like the looks of the coin in hand.
  • Options
    MrDMrD Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭
    Restocking fee is officially withdrawn for this item(and most others as well)
  • Options
    Well, it's not gonna be mine. I bid $800.00 for it. Peacegate kinda scared me off to an extent, but even if it hadn't, I couldn't justify going over $1,000.00 when I could get a MS67 1880s for less.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    Bidder number 8 has left the building.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't like that kind of toning at all.
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are 11 of the toners that I submitted in early March of 2006. These were all freebie submissions for having completed several Morgan registry sets to 90% or better. Sorry for the poor pix but they do illustrate that the coins were holdered reverse up even though that service wasn't requested by me.

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    compromonedascompromonedas Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Wow somebody aoutbid my $1570image
    Bidding has ended for this item at US $1,595.00. You were outbid.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Any guesses on the final price? I'll say $940.00. >>

$1,550 >>

Bwuaaaah!! Pretty damn close! image
  • Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭
    Wow, did any of the BC reverse toners in 64 get that much dough?

Doug
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I actually like the obverse on this coin; it is clearly original, the fingerprint is old; the coin has character! >>

• Options
    ArtRArtR Posts: 474 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, did any of the BC reverse toners in 64 get that much dough?

Doug >>

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If It doesn't have great eye appeal, I don't want it.
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading all of the replies in this thread, it's good to see that the majority of responders are able to tell the difference between NT and AT. For those that know toning, it's obvious that this coin is NT. $1,500 may seem high....but then you rarely if ever see one that looks like this, so perhaps it's actually a deal. At Long Beach I could see this one going for more with a room full of people having the chance to hold it prior to bidding.

As for the great concern about the print on the obverse. Are you kidding me?! Apparently you missed the whole point of this one.

As for greattoning/Dick, he's a class act and he doesn't mess with pics. I've bought from him a few times and the coin in-hand has always been as good or better than the pic.

• Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, did any of the BC reverse toners in 64 get that much dough?

Doug >>

Yes Doug,about 10-15 of them.Skyman can expound better than i can,and some were even MORE INCREDIBLE,and i am not a reverse toner guy.
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    Did any other bidders get a second chance offer on this!?
  • Options
    HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭
    I received 3 second chance offeres from this weekend, all were bogus. So much for the bidder1 crap. image
  • Options
    MrDMrD Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭
    I've already called Ebay and told them what had happened. I hope they can fix it.
  • Options
    I got a reply from the second offer guy:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Hi there
    Yes my item is still available for sale.If you are interested, email
    me back so we can get the deal started through eBay. You'll receive
    an invoice in order to complete this transaction.
    Thank you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file