Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

It's Official 2007 Hall Of Fame

Congrats Cal and Tony...Good Luck Goose in 2008!!!!!!!!!!!

2007 BBWAA Hall of Fame Voting Results

Candidate/ Votes / % of Votes
Cal Ripken Jr. 537 / 98.5
Tony Gwynn 532 / 97.6
Rich Gossage 388 / 71.2
Jim Rice 346 / 63.5
Andre Dawson 309 56.7
Bert Blyleven 260 47.7
Lee Smith 217 39.8
Jack Morris 202 37.1
Mark McGwire 128 23.5
Tommy John 125 22.9
*Steve Garvey 115 21.1
Dave Concepcion 74 13.6
Alan Trammell 73 13.4
Dave Parker 62 11.4
Don Mattingly 54 9.9
Dale Murphy 50 9.2
Harold Baines 29 5.3
Orel Hershiser 24 4.4
Albert Belle 19 3.5
Paul O'Neill 12 2.2
Bret Saberhagen 7 1.3
Jose Canseco 6 1.1
Tony Fernandez 4 0.7
Dante Bichette 3 0.6
Eric Davis 3 0.6
Bobby Bonilla 2 0.4
Ken Caminiti 2 0.4
Jay Buhner 1 0.2
Scott Brosius 0 0.0
Wally Joyner 0 0.0
Devon White 0 0.0
Bobby Witt 0 0.0
On the Yankee Bandwagon since April 22nd, 1979 (my first game).
______
Collecting all Yankees especially:
Thurman Munson, Yogi Berra, Melky Cabrera!

For my son:
Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada

MY Baseball Card Page
My Player Collection Needs

Comments

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    give me a fuqn break....

jack morris not in HOF????

total bull-ish

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Funny but I do not see Ron fairly on that list.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Don Mattingly is going to have to earn his way in as a manager.

I wonder if the McGwire vote is a preview of when Bonds is up for election.
    Mike
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Bummer. Jim Rice still didn't make it in. image
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Funny but I do not see Ron fairly on that list. >>

He was on the ballot twice in the 80s...

1984 = 0 votes
    1985 = 3 votes
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I am a day late but I pulled some Gwynn and Ripken crap to put on the Bay tonight! image
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>Looks like Don Mattingly is going to have to earn his way in as a manager.

I wonder if the McGwire vote is a preview of when Bonds is up for election. >>

YOU ARE 100% BALLS DEAD ON.....

this McGwire vote was to assure that Bonds never makes it into the hall......

wow only 25%! that is saying something! If McGwire does not get in, Baroid Bondz wont either---hurray!

--who the hell voted for Jose Canseco? that person should lose their voting right......

--also the guy who abstained because he does not have enough info should have his voting right taken away? does he expect to learn something about all the Steroid era players in the next year? if not then what he said is he does not have enough info to vote, so his voting right should be taken.....what type of voter are you if you abstain? that is not a vote, that is ignorance or being naive....

come on..who really thinks Ripken or Gwynn took steroids? nobody i know but 1 writer from the backwoods of illinois.....
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to HOF-elects Cal Ripken Jr. and Tony Gwynn! image As disappointed as I am that Mr. McGwire fell far short this year, I'm even more disappointed that Mr. Blyleven is STILL being ignored. Better luck next year I suppose.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

<< <i>--who the hell voted for Jose Canseco? that person should lose their voting right...... >>

At least he didn't get the required 5% to put him on next years ballot. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Albert Belle would get at least as much as Mattingly since Bill James has them close in all time rankings.

I am surprised Wally Joyner got absolutely nothing. A lot of solid players with good attitudes get at least tokens.

Canseco had HOF ability, but just did not perform long or consistent enough. He sure did have an impact on the game though. Without him, McGwire would have been voted in easy.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Jay Buhner only got 1 vote??
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Jay Buhner got a vote?
    Travis
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Buhner must have a family member that has a vote.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, how I'll cherish the day when Bondzzz doesn't come close to getting enough votes to gain entry! image
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question to you more knowledgeable folks - I got an Orioles autographed team ball from the mid 1980's. Now, I never got it authenticated, but assuming it's the real deal, does Ripken's HOF election boost its value at all? The ball has many signatures on it, among them Scott McGregor, Eddie Murray, and Ripken. I have it put away so I'm not looking at it right now, but I think it even has Weaver's signature on it.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    a certain unnamed voter here in chicago left his ballot blank....

he and jay mariotti give chicago such a bad name.

i'd like to see jay mariotti try to interview ozzie guillen sometime this spring? can you say viciuos gang-style beat down? he's such an a$$-hat.

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    mcgwire in 2008image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcgwire in 2008

Don't hold your breath.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jose Canseco's low vote total still amazes me. Not because he deserved more, but because if you were a collector in the late 1980's there was no stronger "lock" for the HOF than Jose. The 1986 Donruss Jose was going to be the next Mantle.
    Mike
  • Options
    I couldn't care less about McGwire. I think he did roids and this is a sign of what is to come for Bonds, Sosa, and Palmeiro.

How can Blyleven not be in the hall? Look at his stats. If he didn't play for such crappy teams, he would easily have well over 300 wins.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can Blyleven not be in the hall? Look at his stats.

The stats are what does Bert in, IMO. He only won 20 games once, finished with a career winning pct. of .534, and never came close to winning the Cy Young (he finished third twice), and he was only named an All Star twice. Voters tend to overlook outside factors like the teams a guy played for, and many voters IMO vote based on the numbers, only, without taking into account those outside factors. And Bert doesn't have that magic 300 wins that guarantee induction.

I used to think that he wasn't a HOFer either, but the official Bert Blyleven advocate (dallasactuary) made a very compelling case for his enshrinement and my opinion has been swayed over to Bert's side, now. I doubt however, that he will ever actually get in. If he doesn't get in or at least very close next year with the weak ballot, he'll never make it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    A vote for Canseco came from a writer in Chicago. He voted for Canseco and Caminiti because they were the original steroid whistleblowers. The 2 guys that submitted blank ballots Paul Ladewski from the daily southtown in Chicago and another guy should both lose their votes.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    The next 3 years are very lean when it comes to new candidates - maybe, just maybe, Mr. Rice will finally get in.

I have to say that the baseball HOF is by far the hardest to be inducted into of all the sports. And I like it that way.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Someday if the cheaters come clean and don't wait too long like Pete did, maybe they will get in too. Congrats to Cal and Tony, finally early 80's wax is worth busting.
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Jay Buhner??

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    mcgwire for president in 08image
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The 2 guys that submitted blank ballots Paul Ladewski from the daily southtown in Chicago and another guy should both lose their votes. >>

WITHOUT A DOUBT...So there empty ballots were saying Ripken and Gwynn don't deserve to be enshrined? Or are were they protesting something?

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!