Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA grading exhibits

Does anyone know why PSA only grades baseball exhibits and no other sports?? Thanks

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!

Comments

• Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I submitted a football exhibit a few years ago, and they told me they don't grade them because there are too many fakes out there. I didn't think it would help if I explained it's their job to tell they fakes from the originals.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    ttt

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    A three year old bump. I still havn't gotten an answer. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks!
    Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    This might be the obvious question, but: Did you try calling PSA and asking directly?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i have an auto'd waterfield that they slabbed, but i think it was only slabbed authentic. but then again if they say there are so many fakes out there why would they slab it like that.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    In reality, there are far more fake baseball exhibits than other sports and nonsport exhibits.

I believe they are too lazy to learn how to ID the different types of exhibits, Its easy for baseball because they have been well cataloged, but other sports and nonsport cards are not as easy to find checklists and info on.

lazy! IMO is the only true answer.....

• Options

<< <i>I submitted a football exhibit a few years ago, and they told me they don't grade them because there are too many fakes out there. I didn't think it would help if I explained it's their job to tell they fakes from the originals.

Joe >>

They have no clue what cards are trimmed OR NOT either, so doesnt surprise me they dont know the difference between a real and a reprint. LOL