Home Metal Detecting
Options

Finally some goodie's!!

Man it's been a slow month so far but finally made some cool find's.

They demo'd out another old house and I went in looking for something good.
Got a couple of wheatie's and then a couple of hem weight's,compact,facial cream lid,feet to a lead toy,lead horse,wazzit with a dog on it and of course 11 marble'simage

Thank's for looking and HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Some neat stuff, I have yet to dig any marbles.
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭

<< <i>Man it's been a slow month so far but finally made some cool find's.

They demo'd out another old house and I went in looking for something good.
    Got a couple of wheatie's and then a couple of hem weight's,compact,facial cream lid,feet to a lead toy,lead horse,wazzit with a dog on it and of course 11 marble'simage

Thank's for looking and HH,Tom

image >>

Do the marbles give a signal by themselves? The only reason I would say that was possible is if some of the coloring in the marble had lead or some other metal in the marble. I know that glass does not show a signal on my detector.
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    WTG Tom... you know you'll be digging a lot of silver and gold soon enough! image
  • Options
    TheGuyTheGuy Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Great stuff, even the marbles are nice. image
    "Sometimes we don't know just what to do when adversity takes over." -- Cannonball Adderley
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Geez, looks like many people lost their marbles in your neck of the woodsimage. What you have in one picture is a couple more than what I've found in over two years.
    Nice stuff Tom!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That l'il horsie is 19th century. Cool stuff. Even the coat hem weights. I always take those as a sign of a good site.

PS- you must be the mack daddy of Marble Kings! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Hey Big Dave,no the marble's don't give off a signal I usually eyeball them in demo site's of old home's.Sometime's I do dig up one when looking for another target.

Phut I think they have especially since the insane asylum is only a few block's awayimage it's closed now.

Thank's for the age on the horse LM,I knew it had to be old the only thing is it broke when I was giving it a light cleaning to get off some of the dirt.

Man I got to thinking back to my ol grade school day's and when we would go out to recess and shoot marble's.
    We all carried them around in old sock's and couldn't wait for recess to go shoot and win marble's from the other guy.
    You don't see that now a day's to many vidio game's and other electronic gadget's to play with.
    HH,Tom
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe some superglue or solder will fix the poor horsie.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I'm amazed with the number of marbles Tom found.

Silver eluded him this time too. Nice little horse there.