Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Roosevelt Collectors -- Is the FB? Warning Large Image.

fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
There is no weekness on the lower right. Is there other areas I need to look at? (same coin different light)

imageimage

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• Options
    I don't know. I cracked out and resubmitted a 66fb dime looking for a 67fb and it came back 66 no bands. I guess pcgs also didn't know if it was fb or not.

p.s. actually, I think your dimes are fb. Good luck with them!
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are FB dimes.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Looks like it bt with clad dimes, its the very edges on both sides that can be deceiving.....
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks FB to me.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Looks good on the right side, but pictures don't show enough detail to comment on the left.
    Some years have more trouble on the right, some years on the left.
    They also don't like hits on any of the four band sections that seem to cut all the way through.
    Dan
  • Options
    Thanks for your help. The coin is a 2006-D. I was able to pick up a few OBW rolls. There seems to be about three coins that I pulled that look awesome. I am thinking of sending them in. I just don't want to send them if they don't have a high chance at full bands. Early on when I sent in a batch they mostly went full bands, and the last two times I sent in Roosies they all were no band.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    2005-2006 gives you another problem to worry about. Paul just recived three that he submitted and they came back holdered as MS67FB Satin Finish. His rolls came from the same box as mine, and are without question Business strikes.
    I was getting ready to mail a submission for the same years/MM's, but may now wait to see what unfolds with him. image
    Dan
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FB's on roosies is difficult to figure out from what I have seen in slabs.

Nice pictures Tony.

Ken
  • Options
    I would say yes but there is a spot on the right side that makes it close to not being FB today, 2 years ago it was a no brainer.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming the obverse is fully struck, you might have something there.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2005-2006 gives you another problem to worry about. Paul just recived three that he submitted and they came back holdered as MS67FB Satin Finish. His rolls came from the same box as mine, and are without question Business strikes.
    I was getting ready to mail a submission for the same years/MM's, but may now wait to see what unfolds with him. image >>

I wasn't going to make a public statement until everything was finalized with my 3 coins, but since Dan60 brought it up I will give you just the 1st paragraph to this wierd story.

Since Sept. 2006, I have been collecting 2005-2006-P/D rolls and want so bad to get Business Strike coins into my set. I have all 4 of the Satin Finish Dimes for these 2 years. All 4 SF Dimes I own I bought and did not make. They are true SF Dimes and have extremely frosty satiny appearances. I went through over 65 rolls of 2006-D Dimes alone and including an un-opened box. Over the course of several months I went through these Dimes and picked out a 2005-P, 2006-P & 2006-D. I have several of these coins but just re-newed my subscription to PCGS and sent only these 3 coins in with a few other dimes. These 3 dimes have tons of what I would call LUSTER, not SATIN. I received all 3 as Satin Finish and needless to say, I was really hurt. All of my financial expense to buy these rolls at premiums and the sweat shop type work to search the 2500 coin box. I had compared the dimes to previous years and I am with 101% certainty that these 3 coin are truely indeed BUSINESS STRIKE Dimes. I called Customer Service and spoke with a nice Lady whom spoke with her "Expert" in this field and she told me that he said that sometimes they appear to have a Satiny Finish even though they are Business Strikes (ie: LUSTER) and they grade them accordingly. They must be early die strikes to obtain the grades they received. She went on to say that my 2 choices would be to send them back into get a Presidential review at $20 a coin and hope really that DH will reverse the designation or e-mail DH and state my case.

Well I feel that I should not have to waste $60 + SHI x's2 to cross my fingers and hope that DH reverses the designation. I'm awaiting DH's e-mail response.

If I don't hear from him I will send them in as Mechanical errors and try to have them remove the Satin Finish from the holders and make them BS coins. I will only be out SHI which is what I will be out anyway.

#3242288 is the submission #

Here are the 3 coins and grades...all 3 are pop-top Dimes in Business Strike holders:

2005-P MS67FB
    2006-P MS66FB
    2006-D MS67FB

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I did send this coin in, and it came back MS67FB. I desided at the last minute to include a second one with the submission and that one came back MS66FB. That was an impressive submission for me as I had 5 (out of 6) dimes go FB and 4 (out of 8) moderns go MS70 (two gold two silver).