Home Metal Detecting

VHT3 Tune up # 2

Got out EARLY ...Hunt by Moon Light image

Port of Hueneme Beach... next to and under the pier ;-)
Got: $7.87 clad (one mood ring & charm) image

Cell Cam:

Double cut

Jerry
CROCK of COINS
imageimage

Comments

• You hunt the Silver Strand much?

You and Gary (BentFork) and I should get together some time.

We all aren't that far from each other.

Gary stopped by my office Friday but unfortunately i had an emergency and missed meeting him.
  • >>You hunt the Silver Strand much?<<

Not too much. Right now they are dredging the harbor. Lots of sand will be put onto the Silver Strand and Hueneme Beach. Soooooo until people go back to the beach, not much to find.

I went to Hollywood Beach last weekend. It is just North of the Channel Island Harbor.
    What a mess. Don't get many people all year. But I did think I would around the ONLY bathroom area.

Look at the driftwood and trash that got unburied by the tides. All the wood was from years past. BIG rain storms washed it down the rivers into the ocean. The city just let it get buried by sand. No money to remove it.

Almost lost the DFX into the water :-|

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • DesertRat,

I'm ready to go - I can use some OJT on beach hunting. My Morro Bay trip was a loser. You know we are in for some slush this coming Friday and Saturday?

Gary
    imageimageimage
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Wow, those nails look almost new !
    Do you need a permit to hunt the beaches near you? I do around here.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

• << <i>Wow, those nails look almost new ! Do you need a permit to hunt the beaches near you? I do around here. >>

LOL...Funny you would notice that. Those nails are brass or bronze. Gave a good signal :-)

I will hit the beach again this weekend. May hit Silver Strand. Looked like the waves took out 10 feet of sand this past week or so.

View from 3rd floor of a new home under construction.
    Silver Strand Beach--Looking North At Channel Island Harbor.

Pipe line across the beach.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage

• << <i>DesertRat,

I'm ready to go - I can use some OJT on beach hunting. My Morro Bay trip was a loser. You know we are in for some slush this coming Friday and Saturday?

Gary >>

Yeah the kids are wishing for snow this weekend. Who knows we might just get it!

I need to pick up a beach scoop before I go to the becach again but would love to take a trip if the time permits.

Danny