Home Metal Detecting

VTH3 (edit: yeah, let's do it-refer to the signup thread)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is it time?

What say ye, forum folk?

I think February might be a good time, since it would be the second anniversary of the original VTH1, I believe.

You oldtimers will know what I mean when I refer to a possible VTH3, while the newer ones will be scratchin' their heads, no doubt. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I watched both 1 and 2 from the sidelines. Missed the signup image
    Not this time. Count me in.
  • I wish I was young enough to get into this in a serious way (hey Rob).

I read this board several times a day, I envy all of you, in a very good way. I bet there is a lot of nice things to find where I am.
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com

• << <i>Is it time? What say ye, forum folk? I think February might be a good time, since it would be the second anniversary of the original VTH1, I believe. You oldtimers will know what I mean when I refer to a possible VTH3, while the newer ones will be scratchin' their heads, no doubt. image >>

>>I think February might be a good time<<

February is a find month ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish I was young enough to get into this in a serious way (hey Rob). >>

Wayne, youth and location have nothing to do with the Virtual Treasure Hunt... to participate for the prizes, you only need a computer! Some of us do the real digging, and the participants get the "virtual" credit for the finds! (It might bear some explanation if you weren't around for the first two).

I sure would like to get Zot on board for VTH3, as a designated digger. And phut, of course, like last time. Maybe more than four of us, as there were in VTH3. We could do ten rounds with ten different diggers, even. Or twelve rounds with six different diggers each digging two rounds. I like that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • I will be reading the forum Rob........

ps: I got a computer.............lol
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Well, then you will be able to participate in VTH3, if and when it is launched. Maybe not as a judge or designated digger, but as a contestant. Usually the grand prize offered is some kind of detecting hardware (a pinpointer probe in VTH1, a metal detector in VTH2), but in both previous contests I made sure there were coins and/or other prizes that would appeal to anyone, not just detectorists. John gave away some nice arrowhead displays one or both times.

• I'm not looking for a prize. I want to see the findings!!!!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
  • This was almost more fun than I could tolerate. Standing by the computer waiting drove me to buy another detector, and I haven't had much time to use it. So I'll be watching for it again this year and I hope by then I have the computer n the house (versus shop) fixed by then, I needs a new monitor.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
    OK, well that does it, then. VTH3 is to be.

I say we try for a Feb. 1 launch date. We'll see. Let me start working up some of the particulars, and dig up the archived past hunts.

<< <i>I'm not looking for a prize. I want to see the findings!!!! >>

Of course. That's the whole fun of the thing. The prizes are just icing on the cake. image

• I wish the site I found this past fall wasn't so frozen or I would give participating with the hunt a serious shot.
  • Zap it laser............lol

Long time no see
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
  • You can see me?image
    The ground must be pretty frosty where you are to Wayne. Maybe you read my thread about the site I found while hunting back in November, can't wait to get started on that area. It's practically an entire neighborhood of late 17 and early 1800's homes and surrounding acreage.
  • I did read it....sounds great.
    Actually here the ground is NOT frozen........wet al heck, but not frozen
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
  • Are you in a warm spot? I would expect you to be neck deep in snow.
  • Count me in please! I have just finished unpacking the rest of my stuff in the garage and am looking forward to doing some md'ing here in Colorado....if it will stop snowing image
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.