Home Metal Detecting
Options

My 2006 find's.

Well haven't got to get out yet for the New Year so I thought I would post a few group shot's of my find's.

First here is all the silver coin's including my 2nd morgan and my 1st SLQ.

Here are the relic's

A whole mix of button's

and all my marble's all 106 of them.

Hope the New Year bring's you great find's and great friend's.

HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the worn-slick piece to the right of the Morgan, and what's the half coin? I think I remember joking about your half coin, but I forget what it was, now.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PS- with the amount of silver you dig, I am surprised you only have one SLQ.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Looks like you had a productive year. Nice job!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    Well at least someone around here found their marbles!

Great finds.
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Options
    LM the slick one is a quarter but of what variety I don't know??
    It is so smooth you can't pick out any detail when I first dug it up I thought it was a knock out until I looked at the side and saw the reeded edge.
    The half coin is half a seated dime never could find the other halfimage

HH,Tom
  • Options
    Bravo Tom!

I'm amazed at all the non detector finds you have picked up in a years time!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>LM the slick one is a quarter but of what variety I don't know??
    It is so smooth you can't pick out any detail when I first dug it up I thought it was a knock out until I looked at the side and saw the reeded edge. >>

Something like that would drive me bananas- I'd have the thing under a microscope, looking for the faintest clue of some design element.

I have a smooth and slightly porous old copper I dug out of a colonial road, once. Pretty much featureless. But since I don't find much from the 1700s (particularly back when I found it) and this was obviously from that era, I scanned and scrutinized and held it to all kinds of oblique lighting and everything. After examining it for probably an hour, I came to the conclusion that I thought I could see the very, very faintest, ghostly outline of a bust on one side-invisible to regular eyesight or a camera or scanner- you had to have the light just so-and I think that outline is the bust of Louis XVI of France. Comparing its relative diameter to pieces in the Krause catalog, I believe it is a 2-sous piece from the 1780s or early 1790s. I do love a riddle like that sometimes, but they can also be maddening.

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    You had a good year Tomimage
  • Options
    Awesome finds an hopefully even better finds for 2007!

Good luck!

TKC!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff! An impressive number of silver coins!
    But, where is the GOLD??? image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro