Home Metal Detecting

Connecticut Detecting

I am very new to this hobby and was wondering if anyone from Ct is on this board and how successful have you been
detecting in our state.

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never been detecting there, but would love to get up there (or anywhere else in New England, for that matter).

Lived in Danbury, CT as a toddler/rugrat and have vague memories of playing in the yard in huge piles of leaves. We lived in a big old house (well, it seemed big to me at the time- I remember falling down the stairs).

There were probably some nice goodies in that big yard where my sister and I played in the leaves.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Norwich, and have entertained the thought of buying a detector. What is a good starter detector? Would love to get into this. image
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Garrett Ace 250 is a nice starter detector, though of course not the only option out there. Slightly more than $200 new. An entry-level machine but a good one.

For not much more, I have two midlevel machines. Not new, but one is in like-new condition.

Link

(Sorry to spam up this thread but I have four metal detectors and need to get rid of at least two of them- they should be out there being used instead of collecting dust in my shed, and one or two machines is plenty for me.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>Never been detecting there, but would love to get up there (or anywhere else in New England, for that matter).

Lived in Danbury, CT as a toddler/rugrat and have vague memories of playing in the yard in huge piles of leaves. We lived in a big old house (well, it seemed big to me at the time- I remember falling down the stairs).

There were probably some nice goodies in that big yard where my sister and I played in the leaves. >>

Small world, I lived only a few miles from there in Newtown until 1980, then moved to Maine. Never regretted it, never looked back.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".