Home Stamps Forum
Options

Southern Florida Wetlands postal cards

ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have a definitive story on the Southern Florida Wetlands postal cards that sold out so quickly in October? Any idea why they sold out so fast, was it a smaller than usual printing?

Thanks,
Ernie

Comments

• Options
    I didn't even know anything about the cards. Were they sold nationwide? I'll ask at my little post office if you want.

Jerry
  • Options
    From what I heard, they were only sold in some Southern states, but I may be way wrong on that. My local post offices and philatelic center never got any here (Philadelphia). They showed up in the newest USPS catalog, but by the time I ordered them, they were already sold out.
  • Options
    Well, I'm going to ask the 4 little p.o. s in my area. Just never know what they still have. Let you know.

Jerry
  • Options
    The only thing that my p.o. has is one single sheet of the wetlands stamps. And they are in the hanging display case with 2 thumbtacks stuck through them.

Jerry
  • Options
    The post mistress where I mail inquired about these and got the following response back from Austin.

"Yes. It was a 70c international Postcard. We do not have any since it is the old rate."

Jerry
  • Options
    I don't think that's the postal cards I am thinking off. This is a 10-card set issued last October, and I think they're just normal 24c postal cards.