Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Top 10 Non-Sports Sets to Upgrade in 2007

Just for fun, here's my Top 10 Non-Sports Sets to Upgrade (or add to) in 2007. What are yours?

1) 1967 Wacky Package Die-Cuts.
2) 1967 Leaf Star Trek
3) 1965 Glidrose James Bond
4) 1977 Topps Star Wars Stickers
5) 1977 Topps/Yamakatsu Star Wars (Large)
6) 1977 OPC Star Wars
7) 1975 Comic Book Heroes Stickers
8) 1976 Topps Star Trek
9) 1976 Topps King Kong
10) 1974 Topps Six Million Dollar Man (test set)

www.disc-or-die.com
www.jamesbondcards.com
www.vintagestarwarscards.com
paul@disc-or-die.com
transparentpunk@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    1977 topps star wars
    1977 topps star wars stickers
    1980 topps Empire Strikes Back
    1980 topps Empire Strikes Back stickers
    1977 topps football
    1983 topps Return of the Jedi
    1983 topps Return of the Jedi
    1981 topps Raiders of the Lost Ark

-Scott
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • Options
    How Ironic, Kong couldn't destroy the trade center, it just took 2 planes.
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    1) 1978 Elvis
    2) 1978 Three's Company
    3) 1978 KISS
    4) 1978 Grease
    5) 1965 Disneyland

....those are the only five sets that I will be working on (at least I think I am) for 2007. image

Edited: Added the '65 Donruss Disneyland set to my list. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Arny:

One of the board members is selling a case of 1978 Elvis wax boxes.

-Scott
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Here are the sets I'm looking to upgrade/complete/start in the new year

1. 1956 Adventure -- 5 cards shy now
    2. 1966 Leaf Good Guys and Bad Guys -- just upgrading now
    3. 1944 American Beauties -- Got my first one last year and hope to make some headway this year.
    4. Mutoscope run ... Have got a few but would like to make a dent in these this year.
    5. I'd like to come across a nice Don't Let it Happen Here and a Bowman Red Menace set.
    6. The G-Men and Heroes of the Law and the Dick Tracy sets are tempting to start.

Good luck to all of you.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Just one, to upgrade
    T118 Explorers.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I need two upgrades to my '44 American Beauties set and I'm always looking upgrade my Duke Terrors of America set.

The rest are "finishing" goals:
      Finish my registry Saunders Trifecta - Civil War News, Mars Attacks and Battle. The only set I don't have in nicer condition raw is the Battle set, so;Pick up a nm/mt raw Topps Battle set.Holder a number of my N & T sets in PSA's new N & T card holder.Find the 6 cards I need to complete my 1930 Godfrey Phillips Cinema Stars set.Find the 6 cards I need to complete my Topps Scoop set.
    Halosfan - Gmen is one tough tough set. The higher numbers and short prints are scarcer than hen's teeth. Good luck.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options

<< <i>Arny:

One of the board members is selling a case of 1978 Elvis wax boxes.

-Scott >>

I noticed that Scott. That price is a little high though as I've picked up boxes at $30 each.

David, what would you want for the case?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    The usual ones for me
    1938 Horrors of war
    1956 Davy Crockett ORANGE back
    Start 1956 Davy Crockett GREEN back
    1966 Batman red bat
    1966 Batman black bat
    MAYBE my 60's custer (dunno)
    that should take up this years budget!!!!
  • Options
    Nearly 3/4 of the way through 2007 and I've nearly completed my Elvis set, got to 20% on my Three's Company set, nearly 40% on my Disneyland set and picked up a couple for my Grease set. So, not too bad so far. image

I've been focused on some of my other sets (mainly '84 Donruss baseball) and haven't been submitting cards for my non-sports sets. Yet. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    My 5 are:
    1. G-Men and Heroes of the Law
    2. Horrors of War
    3. War News Pictures
    4. Uncle Sam Home Defense.
    5. Leaf Star Trek.
    Just upgraded my World In Arms Set (100% Complete) and want to finish getting my True Spy Stories Set (100% complete) graded and then I'll probably start upgrading that set. After that who knows.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options
    Halosfan - If you are interested in the G-Men & Heroes of the Law set, Mark Finn just posted a scan of the toughest G-Men cards on The Net54 NonSports Card Forum. Mark knows more about G-Men cards than anyone else I know. He has sets of the Cuban, French and Belgian cards as well as the one we are familiar with.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options
    Nice variety of sets you guys are working on. My list of sets to upgrade/complete are as follows:

1. 1964 Topps Beatles Color
    2. 1964 Topps Beatles Diary
    3. 1956 Elvis
    4. 1964 A&BC Rolling Stones
    5. 1969 Anglo Yellow Submarine
    6. 1964 A&BC Tops Stars
    7. 1962 Topps Civil War News
    8. 1965 Topps Battle
    9. 1936 G-Men (probably impossible due to cost of the scarce high numbers)
    10. Various T issues (T68, T118, T30, T70, etc.)
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    1) Topps Wacky Packages series 2-15 inclusive
    2) Flying Nun
    3) McHale's Navy
    4) Gomer Pyle

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    1962 Mars Attacks (Cannot believe it has taken me so long to finish it)
    1966 Donruss Green Hornet
    1966 Batman Riddler Back (Just 2 cards)
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    Good day,

1. 1966 Batman Black Bat- Need just 3 NM-MT 8's
    2. 1968 Dark Shadows Pink- Need lots of 7's & 8's
    3. 1969 Dark Shadows Green- Need lots of 8's and would like to catch a 9 or two
    4. 1966 Topps Make Your Own Name Stickers- Need lots Any Grade
    5. 1967 Leaf Garrison's Gorillas- Only need a few 8's or better
    6. 1966 Philly Gum Green Berets- Set is 100% but would like to upgrade the 5 OC's
    7. 1966 Monster Laffs- 100 % but would like to upgrade all of the 5's, 6's, and 7's
    8. 1936 G-Men- Have only just started on my Raw set- Only 130 to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    9. 1961 Nu-Cards Dinosaur- Need 50% in 8's and 9's- I have bought 10 Cello packs and Wax packs for high dollar the last few months and with only two exceptions even though they came from different sources, they were all the same Cello and Wax configuration in them (Same cards in each pack) . Any body know why?????????
    10. Last but not least- Probably not this year but someday........... 1963 Rosan Terror Monster- Need 1/2 of the 132 cards set, but would love to have this completed someday !!!!!!!

So Anybody Listening ????????????????????

Thanks
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    1910 Hassan T118 explorers

Looking to find and grade this interesting set.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    I am just starting with non-sports cards for collecting. I bought 2 complete sets of Harry And The Hendersons. I'm sending in both sets to grade. I don't know anything about card grading. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry
  • Options
    Hey Jerry,

I suggest that you don't get those graded unless your going to keep them for yourself as a set.
    I wouldn't submit any cards unless the corners appear to be sharp, that it's very centered, has no
    stains or surface wrinkles. If your going to off load them on ebay and sell singles of this set, I don't
    recomend it, save your money and buy a vintage set, something that has a better resale value. I
    suggest you pick up a non-sports magazine price guide at your local supermarket. Submit cards
    that are valuable unless your trying to complete a set. This set is probley worth like $15. in MINT
    condition, why waste your money on something you know nothing about. If you really want to grade
    them anyways, at least wait for a $5. non-sports special to come out, submitting them at $13. a card
    and selling them in the future for .50 cents is crazy!

The other, Jery
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    Jery, you definitely are making me see what I said in a different perspective. I realize there is about zip interest in Harry And The Hendersons. When I bought them off of proxibid I was the only bidder at $5.50. I hadn't even ever heard of them. There were actually a few more complete sets...an estate sale thing...and they got zero bids. So, I was kinda thinking along the lines of a learner set. I have a really bad habit of jumping in with both feet when starting in a new collectibles hobby. 50 cents a card at $5 doesn't sound too bad for at least getting my feet wet.

Non-Sports cards seem to go all over the place. I'll still end up doing what I always do though. This one and that one and a few more and a $1000 bucks before I know it! Collectibles hobbies are good at making people, especially newbies, get lost in some sort of dumbell even though you know better buys.

I still want to send some of them in. I would like some comparison examples starting out. And at 50cents a card with even $13 fee isn't that bad. Especially if I don't have a clue. I'm going to a stamp show in Houston on Saturday and will go by several malls. I should be able to pick up price guides there.

Jerry